SASS Wire Forum

Am I the only one getting the feeling 2020 was a pre-game warmup?

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I'm going to Johnny Carson's Great Karnack predictions

Biden will step down after 6 months and on your knees Kamala will be the 47th President. He's had at least 2 strokes and is clearly entering the onset of Parkinson's or dementia.

The wall will stop

If they can't ban certain guns they will tax ammo, magazines into oblivion.

Economists have predicted a recession worse than 2008 and maybe heading into the great depression territory!

Federal funding for cops will be effected

Obamma Care will be upgraded pushing towards national HC, mandatory.

Student loan debt? But they will push for free or greatly reduced tuition.

All this means more taxes. Its what they do.

He will wait until 2023 to step down(2 years), that way she can serve 2 more full terms after this one.

17 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

There are enough good freedom loving people in America to preserve the Union and Constitution.

I have faith.

We are going to be OK.

I hope this is true.

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

They can inflict a LOT of damage in two years!!  They ARE likely to try!!  This is gonna' require a whole bunch of phone calls and e-mails and letters to our representatives at every level!!  Add to that, the image of Wednesday now planted in many politicians' minds, seeing that maybe the gloves are finally coming off in the conservative sector !!

I could envision a panicked legislature passing numerous, albeit unconstitutional, laws to prevent the old "Silent Majority" from finally becoming vocal and active!!

I know the first sentences are true. Unfortunately, I live in California and you know who my representatives are. They will not help us.

3 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Right.  But that's why the Supreme Court is so important. 

Unfortunately, with control of the House and Senate, they could increase the numbers of the Supreme Court; therefore, the numbers of judges that this administration could appoint and confirm.

Alas, I am not hopeful for the future of the USA.

7 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I hope this is true.

I know the first sentences are true. Unfortunately, I live in California and you know who my representatives are. They will not help us.

Unfortunately, with control of the House and Senate, they could increase the numbers of the Supreme Court; therefore, the numbers of judges that this administration could appoint and confirm.

Alas, I am not hopeful for the future of the USA.

Allie, I think you mean you are not "optimistic." 

NEVER give up hope...!!  

17 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Well Manchin at least  has stated that he will not support this and some other things. I truly hope other D's won't support such either; I'm not confident in Romney however.

I haven’t seen it done recently, but contacting elected officials that are not in your district or even your state can be effective!!  Telling them that you are willing to work with their constituents and willing to spend time and money to defeat them if they refuse to support the causes you care about can have a chilling effect on their feeling of immunity to political defeat!!

Lobbyists do it all the time, but when voting individuals start making those calls and sending letters and e-mails, your unresponsive representatives WILL begin to worry!!

17 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

We now have a Dem. House, Senate, President, FBI, and Justice Department. If any of you think things will smooth out and all will be good. Please send me a list of the meds and or booze your on so I can be as "optimistic" as you.

They will be out to punish, silence and make inconsequential the silent majority 

6 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

They will be out to punish, silence and make inconsequential the silent majority 

Still trying to punish the deplorables for DJT stealing the election from HRC. :angry:

Just saw on the news where the FBI raided the offices of several Republican state representatives and assistants here in Tennessee!!

It’ll be open season on Republicans in many areas where they hold solid majorities and control of targeted operations!

Republicans hold super majorities in both houses of the legislature in Tennessee.

5 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Still trying to punish the deplorables for DJT stealing the election from HRC. :angry:

The Neo-cons (George Will, Bill Kristol, ) Rhinos (Romney, Ryan, Bainor, McConnell, slipperiest of all I think is Lyndsay Graham) were and are in on it too, simply for the fact an outsider was empowered and folks had the gall to think they know best how to direct their own lives, communities and country. And for two years, when the Republicans had full power, they balked at the idea of making any real progress after harping and making false promises for decades.

DDD,

Anymore I tend to agree with your summation.

And your observation worries me cause I see this too.

Time will tell and it won't be long before we know for sure.

12 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Uh, oh, I see politics rearing its ugly head in this thread.  You all are going to get your wrists slapped.  (P.S. I agree with you.)

They won’t get no che... er,  ah,  Won’t be the first time!! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Uh, oh, I see politics rearing its ugly head in this thread.  You all are going to get your wrists slapped.  (P.S. I agree with you.)

Maybe we should talk about Bigfoot and alien abductions. 

13 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Maybe we should talk about Bigfoot and alien abductions. 

I once had an encounter with a flying eyeball in the Mendocino Forest....  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I once had an encounter with a flying eyeball in the Mendocino Forest....  :ph34r:

I believe you but do you have any fuzzy pictures

57 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I believe you but do you have any fuzzy pictures

Naw... it was nighttime.  B)

I believe I posted the story here a few years ago ~ shall I resurrect it?  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Naw... it was nighttime.  B)

I believe I posted the story here a few years ago ~ shall I resurrect it?  :rolleyes:

Absolutely 

“Political tags -- such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth -- are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”
~ Robert A. Heinlein

15 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

When I was Administrator/Moderator, I had the "pleasure" (NOT) of hiding threads and posts I agreed with. So, If you get a political thread pulled, don't take it personally

Archived