Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

The JEDI Gunfighter Gun Cart


Recommended Posts

At the 2019 Western Divisional I was awarded a JEDI Gunfighter buckle. Nasty Nels was the presenter and when he gave it to me I told him that sometime in the future I would build a gun cart to display it on and this is what I came up with. Widder helped me get another buckle out of Korrupt Karl because I like displaying the original on my gun belt. Double Diamond (Darrell Brinkmeier) designed and built all of the leather work and spent days working on the leather Josey Wales medallion on the front of the chest and did an absolutely amazing job.

 

The cart is built out of African Black Limba lumber with through dovetails, sliding dovetails and mortise and tenon joinery. I used my Lichtenburg fractal burner to enhance the exterior of the cart and sides of the trays and sub trays. Double Diamond even carried the fractal burning affect onto the cup holder liners.

 

The trays are set up to hold match necessities in a somewhat orderly manner and the double sub trays work well for holding tins  with Magna tip bits, gun parts and other match incidentals. Below the sub trays is room for lubricants, more tools, car keys, etc... In the bottom of the chest is a divided bin that holds eight leather loading strips in an upright position. Pull one strip out and use it and put it back in its place and pull another, that system worked out pretty well on another cart that I built not to long ago. There is also room for my soft sided ice chest and shotgun ammo or other match needs around the ice chest.

B97263BD-2129-4771-B77B-61637FD80E54.jpeg

272DD47D-3A1F-4CE9-AA64-51FAE2D5E735.jpeg

BEF34344-A035-4DE9-AF4A-41F91F05A9BA.jpeg

28BBA875-5B74-45E5-A0EE-57924A99EADE.jpeg

02F404E1-8D34-4131-8D02-E0745F8A5EA9.jpeg

FE2D80EC-F55F-418B-B5F8-4F539893E2E4.jpeg

7C5B723A-2A8E-4B9D-9180-805E70D1AD68.jpeg

45BA0A07-F342-4E9F-9B0D-1A71EC431DC2.jpeg

910DEEC5-F3FF-4C7C-B12C-697B9B36DF66.jpeg

B3EE76C1-6D8C-4649-ABCC-E68140D9A61D.jpeg

985CE823-2296-4F25-87C0-AE7B361CCAAA.jpeg

DBA26FA9-19B9-4F61-9C00-9703C19ADDFE.jpeg

406B67C6-4C70-436C-827F-670E0A9F40C2.jpeg

B6256984-840A-4713-BD57-00173B744253.jpeg

E5CC8277-178A-4314-89DC-14131966B9EC.jpeg

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Beautiful work.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wowie Ka Zowie!   That is gorgeous.    Its obvious The Force is with you in your woodwork skills.

 

..........Widder

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

B E A utiful work as always.  Not only a master woodworker, a Jedi Knight, but also a good pard to all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I could whistle through the wire.

Amazing !!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful work once again Yule !!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You should make a “Yul Lose Gun Cart” calendar.  Truly amazing work.  I could never throw a work of art like that in the bed of my truck and risk scratching.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

You should make a “Yul Lose Gun Cart” calendar.  Truly amazing work.  I could never throw a work of art like that in the bed of my truck and risk scratching.

I pack them very carefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

You should make a “Yul Lose Gun Cart” calendar.  Truly amazing work.  I could never throw a work of art like that in the bed of my truck and risk scratching.

 

Now that is a GREAT idea!

 

As talented as Yul is, just think how nice that cart would look if he was able to afford some nice new plywood for it instead of that old beat up scrap wood.  We should take up a collection and get him a few sheets!  

 

;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another awesome creation Yul. Thanks for sharing it with us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one sweet looking rig! You are a master craftsman!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is amazing work. Simply beautiful. 

 

Every time I see pictures of your carts, I wonder what's next.

 

Have you ever thought about serializing them? Is there anything like a registry of Yul Lose gun carts around?

 

(Not that there would be any need for provenance, 'cause I don't think there's anyone counterfeiting these!)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

That is amazing work. Simply beautiful. 

 

Every time I see pictures of your carts, I wonder what's next.

 

Have you ever thought about serializing them? Is there anything like a registry of Yul Lose gun carts around?

 

(Not that there would be any need for provenance, 'cause I don't think there's anyone counterfeiting these!)

Thank you. Yes, they are all numbered and signed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Thank you. Yes, they are all numbered and signed.


I’d probably know that if I’d ever seen one up close. 
 

I’ve really admired your work and I think I’ve successfully copied one. 
 

Okay, it’s not an exact copy — the dimensions might be a little off. 
 

Well, to tell the truth, I’ve duplicated the best features. 
 

All right, my gun box has a lid, the cart has wheels, it carries guns. 
 

Once you get past those, the similarity breaks down really fast. :(
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote for a thread for everyone with a Yul Lose cart to post the pics together. Gun Cart Porn as it were.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 10:30 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

 

Now that is a GREAT idea!

 

As talented as Yul is, just think how nice that cart would look if he was able to afford some nice new plywood for it instead of that old beat up scrap wood.  We should take up a collection and get him a few sheets!  

 

;)

 

Don't be so hard on him.  You won't even notice once they get the camouflage spray painted on. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

 

Don't be so hard on him.  You won't even notice once they get the camouflage spray painted on. 

 

 

Sir, we are gonna take you out and beat you with a Jennings .22!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You make me weep. Such talent, such remarkable artwork.

 

 I am in awe.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:


I’d probably know that if I’d ever seen one up close. 
 

I’ve really admired your work and I think I’ve successfully copied one. 
 

Okay, it’s not an exact copy — the dimensions might be a little off. 
 

Well, to tell the truth, I’ve duplicated the best features. 
 

All right, my gun box has a lid, the cart has wheels, it carries guns. 
 

Once you get past those, the similarity breaks down really fast. :(
 

 

Pictures? I’m not sure but I believe I saw pictures of the one you built on Pinterest not long ago. The thing that really hooked me on CAS was all of the gun carts that I saw at the first match that I attended up at the Cowboys in Norco. To this day I still check out gun carts at matches to see the innovations that people come up with and there are lots of great ideas out there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m not sure but I believe I saw pictures of the one you built on Pinterest not long ago.

 

Okay, now I feel like a house painter that's had Michelangelo say he's noticed his work.

 

I can't imagine a cart of mine on Pinterest unless it was on a page marked, 'Contraptions'.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.