SASS Wire Forum

Shooter's World Clean Shot in .44 Special

OK Dirty Dan

Anyone here load .44 Special for SASS with Shooter's World Clean Shot? I have 200gr RNFP bullets which I'll be using for both rifle and pistol. On her website, Bullets by Scarlett mentions that she has tested .45 Colt at 4.3gr to 5.3gr so this provides some amount of basis, but given the differing cases capacities I'm curious if anyone else has a recipe they've found and like. Thanks much!

1 hour ago, OK Dirty Dan said:

Anyone here load .44 Special for SASS with Shooter's World Clean Shot? I have 200gr RNFP bullets which I'll be using for both rifle and pistol. On her website, Bullets by Scarlett mentions that she has tested .45 Colt at 4.3gr to 5.3gr so this provides some amount of basis, but given the differing cases capacities I'm curious if anyone else has a recipe they've found and like. Thanks much!

Several  months ago I received a complimentary jar of Clean Shot from a distributor and have been using it in .44 Special.  Loading 3.7 Gr Clean Shot with 185 Gr Chey Brand RNFP and Fed. LP Primer. Clean burner and  measures well.  I will get another bottle when available.

I load CleanShot in .44 Sp and Mag cases behind 200 gr RNFP. Also .45acp. 4.4 gr seems to work well for all, they are accurate, burn fairly clean and and absolute joy to load. It meters like silk.

Imis

Archived