SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2021 !!!!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is THE bucket list match of the summer! And that’s not just because I and my guys get to entertain!

If you haven’t been, ask somebody who has!

If you’ve ever been here, you most likely want to come back! This is the family reunion you go to ‘cause you love the whole family!!

Copperhead, just printed off both applications and noticed Outlaw was omitted. Granted I am tired of Creek kicking my butt but this may be my year. Is it going to be offered can we just write it in on the form?

I think I shall cry!:(

One of the better matches anywhere.  Beer runs from the walls and sewer pipes spit Copper head juice. Watch people old enough to know better on a long downhill slip and slide, fish while eating lunch then go throw axes or call husbands.  Shoot all morning then watch a man bull whip his wife.  After supper be entertained by a one footed singer try to prove he can dance with the best of them.

Stages? Been a couple of years since I was there last but there is an "All for one, one for all stage" I have still not figured out.  It also gathers up a lot of the better shooters from Texas to the east.

Moonshine as smooth as silk and breakfast that will make you weep.

It’s in Manchester, KY!!  Not far off of I75 at London, Ky exit.

18 hours ago, Noz said:

I think I shall cry!:(

One of the better matches anywhere.  Beer runs from the walls and sewer pipes spit Copper head juice. Watch people old enough to know better on a long downhill slip and slide, fish while eating lunch then go throw axes or call husbands.  Shoot all morning then watch a man bull whip his wife.  After supper be entertained by a one footed singer try to prove he can dance with the best of them.

Stages? Been a couple of years since I was there last but there is an "All for one, one for all stage" I have still not figured out.  It also gathers up a lot of the better shooters from Texas to the east.

Moonshine as smooth as silk and breakfast that will make you weep.

You forgot to mention it's a 4 day party/family reunion (where you actually like everyone) that a shootin' match happens to break out.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

You forgot to mention it's a 4 day party/family reunion (where you actually like everyone) that a shootin' match happens to break out.

Some people show up a week in advance, just so they won't be late.  Noz forgot to mention the tightrope walk across the 10 foot swing set or the poker games in the evening, or the catfish dinner, or the live bands at night, or the pole dancing contest (I think that one has since been banned).

This match doesn’t have to sell itself!  Happy shooters do the selling!!

22 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Some people show up a week in advance, just so they won't be late.  Noz forgot to mention the tightrope walk across the 10 foot swing set or the poker games in the evening, or the catfish dinner, or the live bands at night, or the pole dancing contest (I think that one has since been banned).

You gots to sleep sometimes.

1 hour ago, Noz said:

You gots to sleep sometimes.

SO!  What about it, Noz??  You gonna' get Miss Lorrie to bring ya' and come hang out with the rest of us miscreants??  Schoolmarm's asking' about the both of ya's!!!

On January 9, 2021 at 9:54 AM, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Thanks, Marauder!!  You orta' come and visit us up here!!  We'd be glad ta' see ya'!!

Kitty and I will definitely be there. As for the pole dancing contest...ever since ole Badlands Bob an Kajun showed up in their speedos it HAD to be banned! Not enough Copper Head juice to get over that one.

55 minutes ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

I'm thinking about it.

It is only about a 6 hour trip.

It's only a 6 hour trip south for us.

23 hours ago, Palmetto Traveller said:

Kitty and I will definitely be there. As for the pole dancing contest...ever since ole Badlands Bob an Kajun showed up in their speedos it HAD to be banned! Not enough Copper Head juice to get over that one.

Travelor, it's just cuz Kitty showed  us pictures in her catalog of you modeling them.....she said you had yours embroidered with the day of the week on each one, said you had a couple of weeks worth.  She also said the stains were hard to wash out.

Kajun

We could use a wee little bit of today's local temps 'bout the middle of July!!  Just split the difference between today and the average daily temps for match week!!

On 1/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

SO!  What about it, Noz??  You gonna' get Miss Lorrie to bring ya' and come hang out with the rest of us miscreants??  Schoolmarm's asking' about the both of ya's!!!

Nope.

Thought everything was go for knee surgery in December but it got canceled by COVID.  Not that I had it but a recent patient of the surgeon developed it just after a knee replacement surgery and died.  Surgeon didn't want to try for two.  Maybe someday.

56 minutes ago, Noz said:

Nope.

Thought everything was go for knee surgery in December but it got canceled by COVID.  Not that I had it but a recent patient of the surgeon developed it just after a knee replacement surgery and died.  Surgeon didn't want to try for two.  Maybe someday.

That really bites!! We miss the both of ya’s!!  Maybe when things settle down a little, we can get together.

Speaking of catagories:  El Patron ain't near as much fun as I thought it would be.  Everything is harder.

19 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Hey y’all check out our website that Cat a Tonic is Redesigning. Pondersosa-pones.com let us know what you think. 

New web site looks GREAT.

Cat a Tonic did a GREAT job. Better keep her around. ;)

BLACK GOLD!!  Waiting on this one to come around is like a kid waiting on Christmas!!

Really nice job on the new website.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived