SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2021 !!!!!!

On 6/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

You will be missed, we will find a place for you to stay if you decide to come up. I have an extra camper right now. I plan on leaving on at Joes for a while so I will have a place to light when I am up that ways.

Thanks!

It will be a tough one to miss.

We're almost done hiding.

Hopefully I won't have to introduce myself all over when I do get back at it.:lol:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found out that I need more surgery on the foot. Going in Thursday morning to get it done and get a stem cell graft.

I don’t know if it will get me healed up in time to shoot, but I’ll be there to help out and do what I can!

I’m really looking forward to seeing all my friends and finding some new ones too!!

This is truly a “bucket list” match and once you’ve been here, you just naturally wanna’ keep coming back!!

20 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

We will miss you Waimea.

Won't be the same without you!

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

Won't be the same without you!

WHAT SHE SAID!!!

You guys are makin' me all gushy inside.

Or maybe it was the raisin bran, I don't know.

Anyway here is just one of my favorite memories. Me getting shoved under the bathhouse to do some emergency work.

GOOD TIMES!

Have a great Black Gold 2021!

20180717_094713_1554938643098.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Waimea said:

You guys are makin' me all gushy inside.

Or maybe it was the raisin bran, I don't know.

Anyway here is just one of my favorite memories. Me getting shoved under the bathhouse to do some emergency work.

GOOD TIMES!

Have a great Black Gold 2021!

20180717_094713_1554938643098.jpeg

I thought that was the 4 seater outhouse:ph34r:

10 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

I thought that was the 4 seater outhouse:ph34r:

It was.

All the showers plumbing was split.

Toilets were aok.

2 hours ago, Jackalope said:

It looks like Titus is trying desperately to prevent your escape from the madness. 

:lol:

I went under willingly.

This actually me trying to get out (I was pretty cramped up) but the story reads better if they're shoving me under.:lol:

I was going to say that I was pretty sure that was us pulling you back out after you went in on your own and found out you could not turn around once you were under there. We cant help it that you were the thinnest one there at the time. Jake and Lefty had not arrived yet.

Ya’s never know WHAT is gonna’ happen next when this bunch gets together and gets goin’!!!

Survived the surgery yesterday!!  Schoolmarm says that the doctor said it went well!  I didn't see him after the recovery room got through with me, so I don't have any details.  I do know that they did some work on the bone and that he performed a stem cell graft!!  

Yesterday is exactly one month 'til our Saturday night show.  I ain't worried about that, but I wanna' shoot the match this year, (been two years since I put a round down range at Black Gold) and I'm hoping this will hurry up and heal over so's I kin stand on my hind legs and make fahr 'n' racket!!

Don’t know, Mongo!!  A lot depends on what the foot does.  I still have all the tools.  If the foot is healed up to where the doc says it’s okay to shoot, I would only have a day or two to fix hats, but I could do it on yard sale day.

Tell you what!  If enough folks want me to, I’ll bring my stuff and do it on yard sale day at least!!

Speaking of which, who’s going to bring yard sale items!!  I’ve got a few items I’d let go of. Wednesday??  Who’s in??

I plan on bringing a few things. Haven’t quite put together an inventory yet, but when I get back from EOT,  I’ll Start gathering things up and give you all a heads up. 

Who is overseeing the yard sale and the food/beverage contests??  We need information so’s we can be where we need to be and on time!!

I’m just guessing that the Yard Sale is Wednesday!  

I usually get there on Monday so’s I don’t miss much!!

Hey! Tombstone! You doin’ a class this time??

14 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m just guessing that the Yard Sale is Wednesday!  

I believe it's normally on Thursday.

Wednesday is bike ride day.

Maybe it should be a 2 day event.:ph34r:

Looking back, I think you’re right!  Same day as side matches.  Don’t matter. I’m figuring on being there late afternoon, Monday!

Gonna’ miss ya’ Whyme!!

For those of you who can't take the anticipation any longer.... (drum roll), here is the 2021 Black Gold schedule!!!  Our "committee" had a great time coming to an agreement.  If you don't believe me, then look at our pic!  Disclaimer-schedule may be subject to changes, due to some of our committee members. 

BG Schedule 2021.docx BG schedule committee.HEIC

Thanks, Cat!!

I called to confirm my reservation at the Heritage this morning. I make one every year when I leave to go home.  All set!!  Now!  If I can get this foot to get in the game. I follow up with the doc in the morning!!

If you need a room, I just canceled my reservation at the Manchester Heritage Inn.  I dropped over at work a couple weeks ago when my back locked up and they hauled me out in an ambulance. I have 2 discs messed up in my lower back and the company decided I did not need to work for them any more since it was not a work related problem.  I am now back on my farm in Fairfield,Il and waiting for my Cobra paperwork so I can see a doc about fixing my back. My son and I are going to miss being there and I suspect I will end up getting back surgery again.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Have fun, I know I will be missing a great shoot.

Maddog McCoy

We'll miss ya', Maddog!!  Get better soon!!

On 6/19/2021 at 10:53 PM, Waimea said:

I believe it's normally on Thursday.

Wednesday is bike ride day.

Maybe it should be a 2 day event.:ph34r:

New normal and now I will back off.

YARD SALE AND SIDE MATCHES ARE WEDNESDAY.

Something that isn't made enough of that makes this shoot special!!

Many former, current, and future World Champions shoot this match year after year!!

I was on a posse a couple of years ago that had nine former or current World Champions, two or three National Champions, a regional champ, and two State category champions along with one first time shooter!!

Before the newbie knew what hit him, he was surrounded by the most helpful, encouraging bunch of shooters he could have dreamed of!!  You talk about an accelerated learning curve!!  He found out quickly that he was one of the gang with all the rights and privileges of a senior posse member!!

"The family reunion you go to where you like the whole family!!" 

Yes we will have an ROI class on Wednesday morning. Ruff Kut will be helping with this one. Should be a good time and I will guarantee you will learn something. 

Tombstone does a good job on these.  I sat through my third one with him to support my wife and I still learned something new.

It's good to take a refresher if you haven't been to one in a few years; some of the rules have changed.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:35 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

Yes we will have an ROI class on Wednesday morning. Ruff Kut will be helping with this one. Should be a good time and I will guarantee you will learn something. 

It’ll be worth it just to see ol’ Ruff in front of the class!!

How much to audit, (refresher) the class?

I am glad you asked, it is $25 first time, $10 refresher course.

See everyone there, I will be arriving one week from today.

Anybody got a clue as to what vendors are going to be there??  I’m sure there’s gonna be folks looking to resupply!!

I WILL be doing hat repair on Wednesday for sure!  Thursday and Friday will depend on what I’m allowed to do by the doc and Schoolmarm!! :rolleyes:

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that the attire for this year was summer wear as in shorts, and tee shirts but I just checked the website and I don't see any mention of it. So what is the official dress code while shooting at BG this year? Cowboy or summer wear?

I’m thinking we’re gonna need Copperhead to andwer this one!!

Archived