SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2021 !!!!!!

44 minutes ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Ok all you people that are in the cold, I will guarantee  that will not be the case at Black Gold 2021!!!!!!! So come over and warm up

I hear tell that there just might be some antifreeze available!  :blink:

Kajun

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking new website!!

• 3 weeks later...

I can attest to that statement, we had a board meeting this weekend, plenty of brain storming and planning going on. Well, maybe it was Copperhead Joe's 60 birthday and there were a lot of folks who wanted to tell him Happy Birthday.

We did get to hear some great music and I think the bands will be at Black Gold this year.

Happy birthday, youngster!!  Making progress on the health issues and hoping I get to shoot this year!!  

Ain’t looking bad, so far!!

JOE!!  Do the rehab!!  Religiously!!!

Well, I got a job agian after being off work and hiding on my farm most of last year. I scheduled my vacation for Black Gold this week ( I get 3 weeks plus 5 personal days during the first year) and my son  told me he is ready to go. I got hotel reservations yesterday in Manchester and will send the applications later in the week. 

Maddog McCoy and Just Jason will be there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kentucky State and Alabama State are in the books, Georgia is right around the corner but the big event is still Black Gold.

This shoot is so much fun that you will get your money worth on the first day, after that everything is free.

Come on up to Manchester KY for the time of your life.

Live entertainment, games of chance, thrills and chills (well maybe not chills) and a shoot breaks out just about every day.

7 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Yadda yadda some other stuff.....

Live entertainment, games of chance, thrills and chills (well maybe not chills) and a shoot breaks out just about every day.

Not only is there Live entertainment, games of chance, thrills and chills (well maybe not chills) and a shoot breaks out just about every day...and somewhere  betwixt all that hubbub a match is held as well. :P

Kajun

SO!!  The real SASS family reunion is not too far off!!  

What’s the story on dessert wars and beverage contests and the rest??

What has Whiskey Creek dreamed up for the Cowboy Oh Limp Hicks?? (lots of strange stuff in that head)

Stay tuned for news and highlights!!

I hear the dessert wars is the dish has to have Whiskey in it. Lady T wanted to do a tub of jello and put Creek in it but dang that would be a lot of Jello. As always, I will be glad to judge the dessert wars if I am needed. Always willing to take one for the team.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I hear the dessert wars is the dish has to have Whiskey in it. Lady T wanted to do a tub of jello and put Creek in it but dang that would be a lot of Jello. As always, I will be glad to judge the dessert wars if I am needed. Always willing to take one for the team.

Me too! Judge. Me too!

Try to remember how cool it was last month at the KY State match. Keep that memory for Black Gold, it will come in handy.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:47 AM, Noz said:

Been a couple of years since I was there last but there is an "All for one, one for all stage" I have still not figured out. 

Noz,

The infamous Three Musketeers Sweep.

It's an 8 target set numbered 1 thru 8.

All for one - rifle or both pistols = 10 shots .  Shoot 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-4-1

One for all - other gun(s) = 10 shots. Shoot 1-4-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

;)

The foot is healing up fast!  Not sure if it’ll be completely healed by match time, but I’m hopeful!!  

The band is warming up already.  We’re gonna’ ROCK!!

Well, this one is getting close and the excitement is building. At least 4 days of shooting, bar night, poker, bands and more bands. Like I said earlier, you will get you money's worth the first day, after that everything is free. Come on up/down/over and join the fun.

Blackwater, looking forward to seeing you and the band.

O K, I'm in.  Called Heritage Inn this morning and they had a room on the bottom floor ( a good sign), paid entry fee with Paypal.  Paperwork is coming Cat-A-Tonic!  See y'all soon.  :D

5 hours ago, Yazoo City Gal said:

O K, I'm in.  Called Heritage Inn this morning and they had a room on the bottom floor ( a good sign), paid entry fee with Paypal.  Paperwork is coming Cat-A-Tonic!  See y'all soon.  :D

NOW!!  That’s the best news I’ve heard in a WHILE!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  I've posted the most recent BG shooter list on the website and below.  Please take a moment to review.  You can contact me directly if any changes are needed.  If you don't see your name, then I haven't received your application.  Hurry and get 'em in soon!!!   catatonic109664@gmail.com 

CurrentShooterListByAlias_6.21.pdf

Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces in a few weeks!!

Bunch of daggone Outlaws gonna be there.

Sadly it will be the first I've missed in a long stretch.

I KNOW everyone that goes will have a great time!

You will be missed, we will find a place for you to stay if you decide to come up. I have an extra camper right now. I plan on leaving on at Joes for a while so I will have a place to light when I am up that ways.

Archived