SASS Wire Forum

Web page hosting service

Sedalia Dave

Due to a lot of issues i cannot get into here one of the gun clubs I belong to is having to rehost its web site. We are limited on funds so looking for an inexpensive hosting service. We don't get a lot of traffic and therefore don't need a lot of bandwidth.

GoDaddy and BlueHost are two of the classic cheaper hosting sites for less technical folks.

DreamHost is also low-cost, but may require just a bit more technical skill. Dreamhost also has far more capability for very technical folks.

We used network solutions. Cost was fair and they gad domain support up to building the website. It was a la cart paid for what you needed

We currently use IONOS.  It's fine for the use you describe.  I may move us to WIX if we decide to go with a more sophisticated video background design.

I walked away from GoDaddy after many years with them.
I moved all my web sites to ICDSoft in Hong Kong.
The price was right.

The domains were purchased through GoDaddy, so I left the DNS entries at GoDaddy.
The hosting itself is moved.

I've used Bluehost for a long time. A good friend uses Hostgator and its decent.

For quite a while I've used name.com for domain names as I don't like having domain and hosting at the same place; makes it a lot easier to change hosts.

Archived