SASS Wire Forum

Where to buy wood stocks for Uberti 1873 rifle?

Wade Butcher

Or you might put a "swap" ad in the classifieds.  Most of the '73's are smooth, somebody might checkered.  Just need to be sure the forends are the same length.

25 minutes ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

I can't seem to view any products on the VTI website. Only short descriptions with a link to submit an email asking if the product is currently in stock. Seems a bit awkward. I'd much rather see the exact wood that I'd be buying. At the very least, a stock photo of something similar.

Oh, well. I've submitted the email. We'll see what happens. Thanks, everyone.

On a side note: Are the straight butt and the pistol grip butt interchangeable?

W.B.

10 minutes ago, Wade Butcher said:

...On a side note: Are the straight butt and the pistol grip butt interchangeable?

W.B.

They are not, due to the curved lower tang.  And all of the pistol grips are checkered, anyway.

17 minutes ago, Wade Butcher said:

I can't seem to view any products on the VTI website. Only short descriptions with a link to submit an email asking if the product is currently in stock. Seems a bit awkward. I'd much rather see the exact wood that I'd be buying. At the very least, a stock photo of something similar.

W.B.

The best way is to call them.   They are very knowledgeable.

2 hours ago, Wade Butcher said:

W.B.

Click on the rifle configuration you have i.e. 1866, 1873 etc. it will bring up a parts schematic, find the part # from the schematic and look for the part listing and price.Straight stock and pistol grip stocks are not interchangeable. 

VTI will usually respond in 24 hrs. as to availability.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 1.53.46 PM.png

Archived