SASS Wire Forum

Delete. All spoken for. Primers for trade

El Prado Slim

Local trades only in Northern New Mexico. Looking for (yeah, I know), small pistol primers. Federal, Winchester or Remington (My Dillon press doesn't like CCIs). Straight up trades for:

1k Federal Premium 209

1k CCI Large Rifle

1k CCI Large Pistol Mag

1k Winchester Large Rifle

900 Winchester Small Pistol Mag

Also would consider trades for some .32 S&W Short 78 LRN bullets and 50 Star Line Brass I have if anyone's loading for an old S&W Model 1 1/2

209s.JPG

CCIs.JPG

WLR.JPG

WSPM.JPG

SW32.JPG

My Dillon likes CCI primers...could you start a different post telling of what problems your Dillon has with CCI primers?  By doing so you could save the rest of us Dillon owners some grief.

My Dillon doesn't like Winchester primers so I bit the bullet a few months back and bought 10000 Federal large pistol primers. Now I'm glad I did. They work fine. I've seen other posts that Dillon's are fussy about what primers will feed correctly. Anyone have any idea why?

A few months  ago, I had infrequent (maybe 1 out of 200 primers) feed issues on my brand new Dillon 750 using Federal SP 100s.  That occasional problem was that the primer cup wouldn't grab a primer from the magazine tube when retracted.  Lightly tapping the primer magazine tube would fix the issue, straightening out the lead primer that was slightly out of alignment in the tube. I called Dillon about it and they said it's likely manufacturing imperfections in the primers. The tech I spoke to said small pistol primers are particularly problematic.  That said, I've not experienced the issue since, so maybe I just had a few runs that were bad.

Small Pistol Mag Primers are interchangeable with Small Pistol Primers. Since you have them listed wasn't sure if you knew this or not. I interchange when I can't get the regular ones and have not seen any difference in my light Cowboy loads.

TM

• El Prado Slim changed the title to Delete. All spoken for. Primers for trade

Archived