SASS Wire Forum

WTB BAMM 8mm Lead Bullets

BAMM Shooters, where do you purchase the lead bullets or ammo for the SASS BAMM Matches?

I bought the rifle, but now need 7.92 x 57 ammo or lead bullets to load.  I have the brass, primers, and powder, just need a source for the bullets.

There is a lot of surplus military ammo out there, but it is jacketed and berdan primed.  It is not suitable for our competitions.

Many shooters in this area buy from Norm Purcella, Quality Cast Bullets in Roswell, NM. His bullets are hi-tek coated and gas checked. They shoot very well. Try Norm at 575-625-2825 or 575-703-0391. Quality Cast also has a web site. Good luck...Hoodoo.

15 hours ago, Hoodoo Brown, SASS #30515 said:

Many shooters in this area buy from Norm Purcella, Quality Cast Bullets in Roswell, NM. His bullets are hi-tek coated and gas checked. They shoot very well. Try Norm at 575-625-2825 or 575-703-0391. Quality Cast also has a web site. Good luck...Hoodoo.

I tried three different calibers and all are out of stock.

Have you slugged your bore?  You should do that so you know what size lead bullets you'll need.  You'll want .001" over your measured groove size.

3 hours ago, Woody Shootem, SASS # 24816 said:

Have you slugged your bore?  You should do that so you know what size lead bullets you'll need.  You'll want .001" over your measured groove size.

Thanks Woody, or I could just bring it to Michigan next year or to Tusco's High Noon and you could show me how.  Just kidding.

I thought I might venture into this game after Blastin Brad put on the BAMM Match at the Michigan State Match last summer.  Of course, one will actually need bullets to do this.

PM sent.

Yes, I am interested.  I don't really need 425 bullets, but I will take them and possibly share these with other BAMM Shooters.

Frontier Lone Rider

I have mailed a check these.

As I have yet to shoot a BAMM Match and only know of two matches that offer this match as a side match, I really don't need 425 of these..  So, BAMM Shooters needing a lead bullet for the 7.92x 57 (8mm), let me know if you would like some of these.

Archived