SASS Wire Forum

sxs SKB, CZ, or Stoeger

Hoss Shoer

20 hours ago, Your Nemesis said:

Hoss shoer when you going to put together some shoots in Miles City.  I could come up and maybe we could get BethAnn and Ty to shoot.  

it could happen. I've been down the USPSA rabbit hole for a few years, but I sure miss SASS matches. Find out if Bethann and Ty are up for it. If they would be willing to help, it could happen.

I  sent them the post and I can help although I am a ways away.  any more thought on shooting at your place.  ??

14 hours ago, Your Nemesis said:

I  sent them the post and I can help although I am a ways away.  any more thought on shooting at your place.  ??

getting affordable insurance is the holdup. I haven't given up. It's more expensive than I thought it would be. Most of the plans I found have big holes in the coverage or they cost a ton. 

Received my CZ Sharptail  from Long Hunter yesterday.  It was too late to go shoot so I went out this morning and put 80 rounds then it.  Too early to know for sure but figure I may be selling my SKBs and getting a second Sharptail for backup.  

On 1/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Received my CZ Sharptail  from Long Hunter yesterday.  It was too late to go shoot so I went out this morning and put 80 rounds then it.  Too early to know for sure but figure I may be selling my SKBs and getting a second Sharptail for backup.  

what are differences between SKB and CZ that make you want to switch?

Hoss Shoer,  a problem I had with the SKB is it has what I call fluted metal where the wood joins the metal.  Those pretty little “flutes as I call them” create a weakness and cracks have occurred for many people.  I have three SKBs and all three have developed cracks.  These guns have been worked on by well known gunsmiths yet cracks happen.  Cracks can get real bad and guns do not work.  Replacement wood is expensive.  Other than that, the SKBs are good guns.  Found they point better than a Stoeger.  Like the single trigger that SKB and CZ has because it allows more room between trigger guard and middle finger.  With a two trigger gun my hand has to be so close that my middle finger takes recoil.  Amazed at how well the CZ takes recoil which may be result of good butt pad.  Although CZ is lighter than SKB and my SKB is a little longer the recoil with CZ seems lighter.  Both are good guns but I have more faith in my CZ standing up to my shooting,  Faith is one reason I bought from Long Hunter because I just have so much respect for him and products he endorses.  Many good guns out there, many good smiths, and some people do their own work.  Gut feel and faith are where I am now.  Whatever you buy you will learn to love or at least learn from it and when right move on to another.  

• 2 weeks later...

After 10 years, I bought a used Bakal (?) from fellow friend.

My Stoger is still a great runner, but was getting worn...so decided to give her the rest she deserved, and she became backup.

Now, I prefer single trigger...

The Bakal was a double, although 'flipped' they were still two triggers.

So, the Bakal found a good home with a new shooter.

The oportunity of finding a C Daily and the extra budget came at the same time, so I splurged and got the C Daily.

I love it. The winning point on me is the feel. Light as a feather, easier for me to keep it on tight.

Try each, before you buy.

Archived