SASS Wire Forum

Any opinions on Chiappa Sharps?

Lone Rider SASS#32091

How about if you let us know what the asking price is first ... and start from  there

They are not a Shiloh -  C Sharps - Axtell -Uberti or Pedersoli  Sharps

* New or used ?

Rifle or carbine ?

Single or set triggers ?

* Stock rear & front or globe & vernier sights?

Retail -  https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/rifles/chiappa-1874-sharps-rifle/p/1506154

I think the Chiappa has button rifling, versus cut rifling on, say, the Pedersoli.  I think the overall quality is okay, otherwise.  How far are you wanting to shoot it?

It is a new carbine with stock sites. I haven’t seen it yet , plan on next week. I am more interested in the overall quality of the product. I was curious if anyone had any experience with them. Thanks.

100 yards most of the time although I have access to a 300 yard range and might try that. Thanks 

I have a Cimarron Chiappa 1886, in 45-70 government, not a Chiappa Sharps.

So my experience with Chiappa is not with the Sharps, but, I am satisfied with the Chiappa I do have. 

However I will say that if I was looking at a reproduction Sharps, I would likely consider some other makers, before I considered Chiappa. 

Like as not, the Chiappa may be less expensive, than some of the other makers, and price is always an important consideration, unless you are a rich politician, or an actor (same thing).  

Take a good long look at it, before you plunk down your hard-earned yankee inflated money...and keep the old tried, and true adage, in mind..."you get what you pay for, and you very rarely get more than you pay for".  

My two bits...

W.K. 

Archived