SASS Wire Forum

New year New Guns.…let’s see ‘em

Gunleather, SASS #46543

Soooo I was telling a pard (Martial Stone) that 10 years ago I missed a great deal on a pair of Bisley Vaqueros in 44 Mag and I’ll never find something like that again. Dangit. He replied “I know where you can get a set with sequel serial numbers.  Leona Lou left all her cowboy gear with me to sell when she left Alaska.”

Here they are. I’ll load 44 Special for CAS & 44 Mag for in the woods. 

AC00F716-9FDB-48B2-851B-F59461663745.jpeg

My Christmas present, got it one week before Christmas! S&W 1911 .45 acp, shoots great!

IMG_2295.jpg

2 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Lol. They are my work shoes. 

I do the same, got Crocs for work, another for hangin’ at the house, and a third for going out.

BTW did you have any work done on the Navy’s?  If so, if you don’t mind, who’d you use?

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I do the same, got Crocs for work, another for hangin’ at the house, and a third for going out.

BTW did you have any work done on the Navy’s?  If so, if you don’t mind, who’d you use?

I'm going to shoot them tomorrow for the first time bone stock. The hammer springs are a tad stiff but I shoot gunfighter so I get a better pull on it than using my off hand. I saw a review on lighter springs by Duelist 1994 on YouTube where he had a problem popping caps with them.  I run my 1875 Outlaws bone stock.

Got this '92 SRC in 32-20 from Doc Red Dawg here on the Wire.  Shot it last week for the first time, no misses!  He is in Alaska, so that's sort of like it came from the North Pole. :)

91-4.jpg

1 hour ago, Mister Badly said:

Inspirational!  My right shoulder is on strike, cannot get the sights up to eye level.  This may be my next technique!

Not new, however I sent this shooter to get restored months ago... it should be back this week.  

9ABC19A0-43F2-4577-8385-E1DE25E1A3AB.jpeg

photo courtesy of the gunsmith

44 mag "plinker" I just got.  Replaced one I had to sell many years ago.  The Finger Groove Sporters were a uncommon configuration, but this one is even a little bit more uncommon, it's one of less than a half a dozen known with a duplicate serial number.(marked with a "D" prefix)  I didn't know that when i bought it, so it was an added "present".

20201226_110048.jpg

Don't have pics

But got a new 73. Got to shoot it for the first time this weekend.

Set up just like my old one.

Wife's (new to her) backup Marlin shows to be out for delivery today.

19 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Inspirational!  My right shoulder is on strike, cannot get the sights up to eye level.  This may be my next technique!

Outlaw J-Bar has a ring to it. :)

12 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

44 mag "plinker" I just got.  Replaced one I had to sell many years ago.  The Finger Groove Sporters were a uncommon configuration, but this one is even a little bit more uncommon, it's one of less than a half a dozen known with a duplicate serial number.(marked with a "D" prefix)  I didn't know that when i bought it, so it was an added "present".

20201226_110048.jpg

Now that's just cool.

Kajun

Archived