SASS Wire Forum

Unwanted email

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

About six or seven messages a day from different people ll saying the same thing:  they want to thank me for helping their damned political party, with whom I have NEVER agreed nor supported, and asking for more money.

How do I stop this nonsense?  Do you thing a visit to their local party HQ might help?

I put up with it for a long time, then I started scrolling down to the bottom of the messages and un-subscribing.  I was afraid that it would just generate more spam but so far they have honored my requests and not sent any more requests.

Duffield

17 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

I put up with it for a long time, then I started scrolling down to the bottom of the messages and un-subscribing.  I was afraid that it would just generate more spam but so far they have honored my requests and not sent any more requests.

Duffield

I tried that but their "unsubscribe" link doesn't work.....like most of what they are proposing to do.

Check your email options; sometimes you can designate some stuff to go into “junk” or “trash” automatically, 

Otherwise, have fun exercising the delete key.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I tried that but their "unsubscribe" link doesn't work.....like most of what they are proposing to do.

I've found that using a VPN helps when trying  to unsubscribe from a lot of these unsolicited e-mails.0f course, YMMV

Choctaw

I keep getting an email from Veronica and she's really pi&*^%$ at me for sending her pictures!! Huh???

CVS also sends me emails , Dear valued customer you've won $50.00, click here to collect. I NEVER even go to CVS!

WalMart keeps asking me to pick up the package I ordered! (I never ordered anything from WM)

Another from Freedom Lovers, Thanks for your support. Really?? Never even heard of them!

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Open or select the email then select “Spam”. It will go away and no new ones will arrive...from that person. 

They all go to spam automatically on my google mail account but I still look at 'em and chuckle. I NEVER open them!

Mostly I get mail from friendly people wanting to give me several million dollars.

58 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

NEVER open them

The percent of their mail that gets opened is very important to them.  Do not open.  Delete or mark as spam without opening.

You put yourself at high risk if you open them.
As noted above, flag as SPAM then delete permanently.

Microsoft will never alert you to problems with your computer.
The IRS will never email you about your taxes.
There is no Nigerian prince wanting to send you money.

PT Barnum was as correct back then, as he is today.

49 minutes ago, bgavin said:

You put yourself at high risk if you open them.
As noted above, flag as SPAM then delete permanently.

Microsoft will never alert you to problems with your computer.
The IRS will never email you about your taxes.
There is no Nigerian prince wanting to send you money.

PT Barnum was as correct back then, as he is today.

Of course he was / is.  His middle name, Taylor, indicates a man who almost never is wrong and then not by much.

Tom "Forty Rod" Taylor  ;)

19 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Check your email options; sometimes you can designate some stuff to go into “junk” or “trash” automatically, 

Otherwise, have fun exercising the delete key.

I kept getting notices that certain virus protection software had expired (which I never used in the first place!), and it would come up about every five minutes!  Finally figured out how to send them to the junk pile automatically.  Now, I periodically go to "junk" and empty the folder.  Other stuff just gets the "Delete" key.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Mostly I get mail from friendly people wanting to give me several million dollars.

That's because you're such a likeable feller, Bob.;)

We're talking about 40 Rod, here.:P:rolleyes:

You know, apples and oranges.

Archived