SASS Wire Forum

FS: PRICE DROP Freedom Arms Model 97 | Premier Grade | Monster 10"

tJ35Ncy.jpg

WW4YsDn.jpg

4yuyIdX.jpg

WADwEzv.jpg

DsHTi4N.jpg

GAycL1U.jpg

Freedom Arms Model 97 | Premier Grade | 357 Magnum & 38 Special | Octagon 10” Barrel

I’ve decided that I’d rather have several good guns than a single spectacular gun, so I’m (a little reluctantly) offering this beauty for sale.

This particular FA custom revolver has an interesting story. With the help of a kind and knowledgeable fellow SASS member and his contacts within the FA company, we speculate that back in 1998-99, a gentleman purchased about 20 of these revolvers (with consecutive serial numbers) and sent them to his good friend, Ron Powers of Power Custom, for modification and enhancement. (For example, the sling swivel studs were a PC modification.) Afterward, they were all sent back to FA for optimum hand-tuning.

As for the features and customizations, this particular showpiece has every single premium option that one could request from the FA custom factory, including the following: 10” Octagon Extra Long Barrel, Fully Adjustable (Windage + Elevation) Express Rear Sight w/ Removable Red Fiber Optic Front Sight, Polished & Jeweled Hammer & Trigger, Natural Polished Black Horn Grips, Wood Grips (Extra Set, Unused), Trigger Over-travel Screw (Factory Set @ Tuning), Professional Action Job w/ Trigger Pull Set to 3 Lb Max, Grip & Barrel Sling Swivel Studs by Power Custom, Dual Exchangeable Cylinders — 357 Magnum and 38 Special (Unfired) w/ Drawstring Leather Storage Bag, and quite possibly more that I’ve already forgotten about, since its list of premium features is quite long. Comes with the original FA box and very cool 10” FA barrel lock as shown.

(NOTE: The natural black horn grips show a chip on one side. I was planning to fill it with a drop of CA, but decided to leave that to its next owner. Personally, it arrived to me that way, and I never thought it was important enough to worry about filling anytime soon. YMMV.)

Asking $3000 OBO. (For what it’s worth, I once added up all the options, and the total was roughly $4400 for everything as seen here, plus an additional 3-4 months for production.) SALE PRICE $2600!

Price includes shipping and insurance to your favorite FFL or face-to-face transfer at a reasonable distance from Greenville, SC.

Please feel free to ask questions. Happiness guaranteed.

W.B.

On 1/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, Wade Butcher said:

tJ35Ncy.jpg

WW4YsDn.jpg

4yuyIdX.jpg

WADwEzv.jpg

DsHTi4N.jpg

GAycL1U.jpg

Freedom Arms Model 97 | Premier Grade | 357 Magnum & 38 Special | Octagon 10” Barrel

I’ve decided that I’d rather have several good guns than a single spectacular gun, so I’m (a little reluctantly) offering this beauty for sale.

This particular FA custom revolver has an interesting story. With the help of a kind and knowledgeable fellow SASS member and his contacts within the FA company, we speculate that back in 1998-99, a gentleman purchased about 20 of these revolvers (with consecutive serial numbers) and sent them to his good friend, Ron Powers of Power Custom, for modification and enhancement. (For example, the sling swivel studs were a PC modification.) Afterward, they were all sent back to FA for optimum hand-tuning.

As for the features and customizations, this particular showpiece has every single premium option that one could request from the FA custom factory, including the following: 10” Octagon Extra Long Barrel, Fully Adjustable (Windage + Elevation) Express Rear Sight w/ Removable Red Fiber Optic Front Sight, Polished & Jeweled Hammer & Trigger, Natural Polished Black Horn Grips, Wood Grips (Extra Set, Unused), Trigger Over-travel Screw (Factory Set @ Tuning), Professional Action Job w/ Trigger Pull Set to 3 Lb Max, Grip & Barrel Sling Swivel Studs by Power Custom, Dual Exchangeable Cylinders — 357 Magnum and 38 Special (Unfired) w/ Drawstring Leather Storage Bag, and quite possibly more that I’ve already forgotten about, since its list of premium features is quite long. Comes with the original FA box and very cool 10” FA barrel lock as shown.

(NOTE: The natural black horn grips show a chip on one side. I was planning to fill it with a drop of CA, but decided to leave that to its next owner. Personally, it arrived to me that way, and I never thought it was important enough to worry about filling anytime soon. YMMV.)

Asking $3000 OBO. (For what it’s worth, I once added up all the options, and the total was roughly $4400 for everything as seen here, plus an additional 3-4 months for production.)

Price includes shipping and insurance to your favorite FFL or face-to-face transfer at a reasonable distance from Greenville, SC.

Please feel free to ask questions. Happiness guaranteed.

W.B.

Nice research that pard did.:rolleyes:

Very nice revolver with attractive price.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:09 AM, Wade Butcher said:

Yeah, it's a lot of gun. :)

W.B.

Just a pussycat compared to its big brother  Model 83 353.

One should be able to drive some serious 357 handloads from this 97.  Well maybe not as much cup as I could generate in the 10" octagon 353 I used in IHMSA, but perhaps more than most any other 357 on the market.

Thanks for the comments and bumps, gentlemen. :)

I've decided that I really, REALLY want to own a brand new Henry 1860 rifle, and since the price of one is about $2600 after taxes and FFL fees, I'm dropping my price on this 10" Freedom Arms to only $2600 shipped. (You're welcome.)

W.B.

• 2 weeks later...

no dog in this hunt but you might ought to try a venue that that pistol would cater to.

Up north where pistol hunting is the only thing allowed that would be a great deer slayer at a very reasonable price.

(I can't believe it's under $3K)

Maybe GB?

On 1/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, Cedestech said:

no dog in this hunt but you might ought to try a venue that that pistol would cater to.

Up north where pistol hunting is the only thing allowed that would be a great deer slayer at a very reasonable price.

(I can't believe it's under $3K)

Thanks for the idea, Cedestech. I've mulled it over, and I think that I'll keep this little beauty in the safe for a while longer. The economy is tough right now for a lot of people, and it's probably a poor time to ask anyone to invest in such a luxury firearm. Maybe in the spring, I'll list it on GB as you suggest. In the meantime, it'll remain locked away inside the safe, waiting for someone in the near future to revive this thread and ask if it's still available for sale. LOL

(And I agree. Under $3K is a steal, especially with the additional 38 Special cylinder. Oh, well. The economy is what the economy is.)

W.B.

• 1 month later...

Archived