SASS Wire Forum

Working on a calculation

How long, on average, do you think it would take for a call worker to take down the necessary information needed to set up an appointment to schedule a senior over 65 for a vaccination.

Keep in mind the potential age group involved.

If you have already experienced such a phone call, how long did it take you?

Could be difficult for you to come up with an answer that fits all. Every state sets their own rules and every county can also modify them to fit local conditions, so the answers you get could vary a lot.

I'll know Monday as our county health department is supposed to call and set it up for my wife and I. 

Depends on the state. I would think California 12-14 hours per person. My V.A. experience they send a e-mail for schedule time. Show up, and get it.

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Could be difficult for you to come up with an answer that fits all. Every state sets their own rules and every county can also modify them to fit local conditions, so the answers you get could vary a lot.

I'll know Monday as our county health department is supposed to call and set it up for my wife and I. 

Nothing but crickets from the health department up here. 

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Three minutes

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

15 minutes if you're lucky

So taking the BEST and WORST case scenarios provided so far.....

BEST: :blink:

3,000 doses, one for each person = 3,000 appointments

Within 2 hours, all those appointments were all handed out.

2 hours =  120 minutes

3,000 appointments x 3 minutes each = 6,000 minutes

6,000 minutes divided by the 120 minutes it took to take all those calls = 50 staffers.

WORST: :angry:

3,000 appointments x 15 minutes each = 45,000 minutes

45,000 minutes divided by the 120 minutes it took to take all those calls = 375 staffers.

Neither of the above appears to be reasonable for the number of staffers hired to take those calls.

Let alone giving those shots over the next four (4) days - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday:

10 minutes to process the paperwork, get the vaccine shot ready, and give the shot.

8 hour day = 480 minutes

4 days of appointments = 1,920 minutes

1,920 minutes divided by 10 minutes for the vaccination process = 192 shots given

3,000 shots divided by 192 = approximately 16 staffers issuing the vaccinations.

Highly unlikely that many staffers would be used.

Something doesn't add up here.

Just saying.

They would probably take your Name and phone #. At the time of your apt they would get the information needed for getting the shot. Any time I've made a Dr.'s apt that has been the way it worked. I have never give other information to them over the phone, I have been told they will get that when I show up for the apt.

kR

PS 99% of the time less than a minute.

I can not imagine anyone over 65 whose Dr. does not have all of the insurance info and other pertinent info on his patient in their computer. When I got my Covid shot the receptionist asked for my name, birth date and last four of my SS#. She then printed out my info and sent me down to another room to wait for the shot. Total time including asking if the shot was available till I got the shot was no more than 15-20 mins. That included making an apt for the second shot.

kR

If English is their first language probably 15 minutes, if they have a heavy accent your guess is as good as mine!:lol:

Archived