SASS Wire Forum

Kicked off FB then Twitter

Rye Miles #13621

8 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m a lifer. FB didn’t like a photo of Kyle Rittenhouse standing with his AR slung before he was attacked and opposing covid-19 ideas posted by a doctor that I reposted.

:lol:  Don't you just feel violated, Yul? :D  I know I'd be heartbroken.

I've been trying to get my wife and kids kicked off of Facebook for years.  I guess FB ain't payin' attention.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2021 at 9:01 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I love the subjective,  ever-changing,  non-standard,  and unevenly applied "community standards" on social media platforms. 

BKM, SPLC, NAACP, Antifa, et alia can call for riots, can call for violence against those holding opposing views and when you report them for inciting violence 75 percent of the time you get a notice back that their comments don't violate the community standards. 

When I reported some antifa threats and blm threats I was told in every case that they did not violate FB community standards. These were directed threats at conservatives and Trump supporters. One was directed at me for having a Trump campaign sign on my property.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I love the subjective,  ever-changing,  non-standard,  and unevenly applied "community standards" on social media platforms. 

BKM, SPLC, NAACP, Antifa, et alia can call for riots, can call for violence against those holding opposing views and when you report them for inciting violence 75 percent of the time you get a notice back that their comments don't violate the community standards. 

I also love the so called fact checkers. They need a response button on those stupid things that says BUUUUL$H!T!!!

JHC

Howdy,

I almost got on twitter.

But they had some sort of nonsense and now I fergit what it was.

Just as happy without I guess.

I had heard you couldnt get off onect ya sine up but now I see that is not true.

Hmmmmmm....

Best

CR

On 1/2/2021 at 8:27 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Facebook put me in their jail for 3 days because of language I used to some troll, I didn't actually use the language I used ^%$#* etc. I told her she was a piece of scum too. So no sooner did I get out of FB jail that Twitter throttled my account because of what I said about a serial killer that just died in prison. I said they ahould have used a bullet in his head a long time ago and saved taxpayer's the money for appeals etc. They said it went against their "Community standards" and threatening bodily harm to someone was not allowed. The guy is dead!!! Oh well. I'm on a 7 day sentence with Twitter now. I can only read stories I can't like or comment.:angry:

Why do I bother?

Well, it does demonstrate where their sympathies lie and helps identify them as the enem unfriendly.

24 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

If you only knew how true that actually is. :(:(:(

Sadly I know. Big tec and the msm are in lock step with each other . They all push the same narrative and even run the same stories. I know there’s gotta be more going on in the world than the 5 or 8 same exact stories they all push at the same time . But fortunately there are other sources of news . Almost no news sources can just present the story they have to encourage you to think the right way 

Someone on a gun group on facebook asked where they could get ammo. I said luckygunner and was put in facebook jail for another 5 days! I think I'm done with facebook! Grrrrr..............

35 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Someone on a gun group on facebook asked where they could get ammo. I said luckygunner and was put in facebook jail for another 5 days! I think I'm done with facebook! Grrrrr..............

I’d guess your on somebody’s “special list” 

I block about 5 “fact checkers” a week but they just keep coming 

Somebody hacked my Instagram account this afternoon so I just shut it down.

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Certain regular poster kicked off FB and Twitter, at least for the time being. 

15 minutes ago, Raylan said:

You're in good company, Twitter and Facebook just blocked the President today.

Yup.  -_-

If you get a kick off notice, ALWAYS challenge it and ask for review.

Violations are done by programmed nannies, not people.
They read the text for keywords, not context.

If you get a review by a human, many times they void the kickoff and send you an apology.
Never accept an automatic suspension without requesting a challenge.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Communism has come to America.
Censoring the president (or anybody) is the hallmark of the Communist regime.

Private company. Their rule or go home. He has a press room he can use any time.

38 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Private company. Their rule or go home. He has a press room he can use any time.

It is and they can , but if they are going to act like a publisher and control content they should not have the legal protection they do . 

I'm not on any social media....nor is my spouse.

She's "Auntie Social", and I am "Uncle Social". 

Besides, the less people know about my business, (and what I have for lunch) the better I like it. 

I prefer living under the radar, for as long as I can. 

Being on here, is about as "social" as I care to be, and even that's pushing the envelope.

But, opinions are like arm pits. Most everyone has at least two. 

My Two Bits.

W.K.

I've never felt the need to FB any of my life. Never have, never will. Twitter? Just why?

Life is better without both.

10 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Not much logic here.

It's my bake shop, my rules, and I don't bake homosexual cakes.
It's my auto shop, my rules, and I don't service black customers.
It's my newspaper, my rules and I don't allow conservative opinions.

I gather you are OK with censorship and discrimination, as along as it is a private company and their rules.
Hate to tell you this.. but none of the above flies.

Media used to be FCC regulated.
They also used to get sued for libel.
Under your rules, they can libel all they want, their company, their rules.

Nope.

Still on Instagram?

I look at Facebook like I look at the state department of transportation. The state builds roads and sets rules about how you travel on them. Follow the rules or you can't drive on them. Not too fast. Not too reckless. Police enforce those rules. Facebook is an information conduit. A road so to speak. They have rules. They don't create content. If they create content which is libelous go ahead and sue them. They allow you to post and use their platform within their rules and sell ads to make money. I could care less about Facebook. Just my opinion but it flies for me. 

Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Youtube have political agenda's, they censor and ban individuals and groups that conflict with their preferred messaging and narrative. Government regulations have given them legal protections from lawsuits under the rubric that they are merely conduits and not content providers though they expunge and expell any content that does not support their point of view. Thus they shape and control their content down to the point of each individual post from each individual user. That's not being just a conduit, that's being a editor controlling every bit of information and how it is presented or allowed or not allowed. That's is in effect providing content through "fact checks" and allowing only certains views to be expressed. Can they do that, sure, but they shouldn' t be entitled to legal protections of their actions nor should their actions get a free pass when they support one candidate and one party in an election. Their actions were effectively a billions of dollars in kind contribution to one political party. 

So, I quit Facebook, don't use Twitter, and use DDG instead of Google. And the legal exemptions that these companies recieve need to end - but they won't because they donate millions to politicians and can make of break a candidates election chances. They have an effective monopoly on social media and monopolies should be broken up, but again they won't be because of their financial and political power. The only way for the monopoly to be broken is for people to wake up, stop using them, and move to other social media platforms. Of course one of the problems with that is that they often buy up their competition if they become too big. 

I don't care what Facebook and Twitter do. Why complain about what these private social media companies do?

The overall result of social media is pernicious, in myriad ways. People who complain about their restrictions (they are private companies, after all) are complaining that they can't promulgate their own nonsense, or hear the endless nonsense of others.

If someone has something important to say, get a mimeograph machine and a bunch of postage stamps. Just like it used to be.

Just because you, or I, have a keyboard and an internet connection doesn't mean either of us has anything really worth saying.

5 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I don't care what Facebook and Twitter do. Why complain about what these private social media companies do?

Oh I don't know, maybe because their actions have consequences that effect the lives and livehoods of millions of people? Maybe because they are private companies that recieve special government legal exemptions and protections that allow them to operate as they do. 

They affect the lives of millions of people who sign up for their services and agree to their terms. Period. Why sign up if you don't like what they do? 

They aren't public utilities in any sense. They don't provide a single thing that people can't live without. 

Mainly they are a conduit for political rants, attaboys and mutual backpats, and endless sentimental kiddy, doggy, and kitty glop.

As for me, I prefer a few websites, like this one, where I can post my sage insights and opinions, then read them again and check for reactions and quotes to make sure I've been noticed.

Bah humbug.

6 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

They affect the lives of millions of people who sign up for their services and agree to their terms. Period. Why sign up if you don't like what they do? 

So the results of the recent election won't effect anyone but Facebook and Twitter users who signed up. The new proposed trade policies and tax policies and fireams laws and regulations once enacted won't effect anyone but Twitter and Facebook users. Good to know. 

No, the FB and Twitter rules won't affect anybody but them. I'm not on either. I'm not affected by their policies.

Many confuse what happens on social media with reality outside their screens. I've actually actually heard more than once from FB users that certain things were going to happen because of what they had read on FB. Can you imagine that?

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I've actually actually heard more than once from FB users that certain things were going to happen because of what they had read on FB. Can you imagine that?

Thanks for making my point.

8 hours ago, bgavin said:

Not much logic here.

It's my bake shop, my rules, and I don't bake homosexual cakes.
It's my auto shop, my rules, and I don't service black customers.
It's my newspaper, my rules and I don't allow conservative opinions.

I gather you are OK with censorship and discrimination, as along as it is a private company and their rules.
Hate to tell you this.. but none of the above flies.

Media used to be FCC regulated.
They also used to get sued for libel.
Under your rules, they can libel all they want, their company, their rules.

Nope.

Yep I am ok with that. 

Its called freedom. Vote with your feet or wallet. 

A truly capitalist market is about as equal as it gets. If you disagree with a shop or periodical DON'T BUY IT.

FCC was started because reverend Smith was motoring along and heard something HE deemed objectionable and wrote the government and said someone should DO something. Its called the off switch.

Why does the .gov get to be in charge of the natural occurence of electromagnetic wave propagation?

I'd love to see libel law include loser pays and a free exchange of ideas over cancel culture any day.

I prefer the vile and crazy rants be out in the open so I know who the nut jobs are instead of hidden behind fake niceties.

Archived