SASS Wire Forum

Kicked off FB then Twitter

Rye Miles #13621

Facebook put me in their jail for 3 days because of language I used to some troll, I didn't actually use the language I used ^%$#* etc. I told her she was a piece of scum too. So no sooner did I get out of FB jail that Twitter throttled my account because of what I said about a serial killer that just died in prison. I said they ahould have used a bullet in his head a long time ago and saved taxpayer's the money for appeals etc. They said it went against their "Community standards" and threatening bodily harm to someone was not allowed. The guy is dead!!! Oh well. I'm on a 7 day sentence with Twitter now. I can only read stories I can't like or comment.:angry:

Why do I bother?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Whats Facebook and twitter?

Google it!:P

10 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Google it!:P

B)

Using Brave for a browser these days. But I do let Google harvest my search metrics.

3 minutes ago, Okiepan said:

What was yer bail ?

No bail, not even bread and water!!! :P

I never bothered to sign up for either of them!  Before the information was received, I would have replied to something my sister had said using verbiage similar to what Dan Ackroyd used when responding to Jane Curtain and I’d be permanently excommunicated!!  :o:lol:

3 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Whats Facebook and twitter?

You really need to read more. :lol::angry:

I love the subjective,  ever-changing,  non-standard,  and unevenly applied "community standards" on social media platforms. 

BKM, SPLC, NAACP, Antifa, et alia can call for riots, can call for violence against those holding opposing views and when you report them for inciting violence 75 percent of the time you get a notice back that their comments don't violate the community standards. 

Only on Fb because some family and friends haven't migrated to MeWe yet.

Never had any use for Twitter or peoples tweets.

There's Parler if you need to though.

SC

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Facebook put me in their jail for 3 days because of language I used to some troll, I didn't actually use the language I used ^%$#* etc. I told her she was a piece of scum too. So no sooner did I get out of FB jail that Twitter throttled my account because of what I said about a serial killer that just died in prison. I said they ahould have used a bullet in his head a long time ago and saved taxpayer's the money for appeals etc. They said it went against their "Community standards" and threatening bodily harm to someone was not allowed. The guy is dead!!! Oh well. I'm on a 7 day sentence with Twitter now. I can only read stories I can't like or comment.:angry:

Why do I bother?

Good question. I believe that the "social media" is just trying to corral public thinking into a holding pen. 

Don't take my word for it,  your own research. You'll likely discover that the executive management at FB are by several orders of magnitude more powerful than ANY other person, group of people or government in the world.

By simply adjusting an algorithm they control what people do or don't see all without their knowledge. 

8 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Don't take my word for it,  your own research. You'll likely discover that the executive management at FB are by several orders of magnitude more powerful than ANY other person, group of people or government in the world.

By simply adjusting an algorithm they control what people do or don't see all without their knowledge. 

But they don't stop me from having contact with my family and friends and as far as Twitter, it's all about who you follow. SASS is on FB and so are many different gun groups, Colt, S&W Lovers, Marlin, Winchester you name it! There's also many musical artists on FB and Twitter that I follow and get some good info from them.  I made the mistake of mouthing off to some troll and they thought I stepped over the line. No biggie!

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

But they don't stop me from having contact with my family and friends and as far as Twitter, it's all about who you follow. SASS is on FB and so are many different gun groups, Colt, S&W Lovers, Marlin, Winchester you name it! There's also many musical artists on FB and Twitter that I follow and get some good info from them.  I made the mistake of mouthing off to some troll and they thought I stepped over the line. No biggie!

FB is a tool. No different than a hammer. Good or bad all depends on how the tool is used. A hammer can be used to build life saving devices. it can also be use to take a life. The difference is that the impact of a hammer localized; FB's impact is global.

Facebook I understand, though I've not had an account. Twitter is something else. In the first place, as a 72-year old patriarch, I coudn't belong to something called Twitter, or send anything called a 'tweet'.....

Why didn't they call it "Messenger", and have "messages"?

-

Hey, go on Amazon and review some S&W grips and mention “round butt” and “square butt” several times. Some PC scum will take offense and report you and you’ll get a nasty email from Amazon. Not kidding. It happened to me. :lol:

76F9816B-6CFF-442A-AA03-0F703FF31C91.jpeg.4676965bcade706ce82c3507195041e7.jpeg

OP,

I am facing my next suspension of 30 days, then permanently banned.
I am a firm believer in using Saul Alinksy's "Rules for Radicals" against liberals, so I vigorously employ Rule #5
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

Now that the election is over, I am no longer doing my Photoshop caricatures of Gropin' Joe Biden, The Box of Rocks™ (AOC), Kameltoe, Fauxcahontas Shitting Bull, and all the rest.

FB jail is cumulative.
Each offense gets you a longer timeout, eventually banned.

FWIW: the FB nannies scan all text.  Do your stuff in graphics (memes, etc) which it takes a human to interpet.

19 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I love the subjective,  ever-changing,  non-standard,  and unevenly applied "community standards" on social media platforms. 

BKM, SPLC, NAACP, Antifa, et alia can call for riots, can call for violence against those holding opposing views and when you report them for inciting violence 75 percent of the time you get a notice back that their comments don't violate the community standards. 

That’s the sad part it shows just what their “standards” are . I also just got a 3 day time out . Almost makes me wonder if they have tweaked the algorithm leading up to the 6th 

On 1/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

That is why I don't use Google search or Chrome, Yahoo search or Bing.  I have a FB page that the misses created that I have posted messages on a few times in ten years.  I have used DuckDuckGo for search for at least 5 years.  I removed Chrome from my laptop 3-4 years ago when I got tired of loosing 1/3rd of my screen to adds.

I don't mess with Facebook, Twitter twatter, ticky tock or any of that stuff.  "Social media" seems like about the most unsocial enterprizes you can engage in.  I got an email from Facebook about a year ago saying that my password had been changed.  I don't have a Facebook account so I didn't do anything.  The next day my email was full of thousands of Facebook posts.  None were in English they were all in Chinese, Russuian Cyrillic letters, Arab symbols etc.  I tried to call or write a letter to Facebook.  They have no phone, email or snail mail address by which someone from the public can contact them.  I called a couple of computer stores and was told I was correct.  Facebook has no public face.  It took several days to get my IMac fixed by Apple but fortunately they did save most of my data.  Whenever I get directed to a site and the first thing it says is too view the material you have to log-on or create an account with Facebook I delete the site.

I’m a lifer. FB didn’t like a photo of Kyle Rittenhouse standing with his AR slung before he was attacked and opposing covid-19 ideas posted by a doctor that I reposted.

Archived