SASS Wire Forum

People are going crazy with their auction bids!

McCandless

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I fully get it.
We have seven Bisley, all told.
Three Single Six, two OM Vaquero 357, two OM Vaquero 44 mag.

Kudos for your score!
I understand these are indeed scarce...
Bisley fits my hand better... I just got plain lucky finding them.

So far... 90% votes in, and GA is holding a thin Red advantage.

Yeah but two largest counties in state plus one other fairly large (Cobb), all Democrat strongholds with 225,000 + votes to count. 75-80% will go to Assoff and Warlock. Our hopes are  over as far as I can tell. I predict Loefler to lose by 1-1.5% Purdue by .75-1%.

*IF, the online displayed number of  remaining votes is correct, along with an accurate report of % precincts reporting. Looks like they aren’t and military and absentee ballots are all that’s left to count. But there again, 171,000 uncounted early/absentee votes are from Dekalb County, a county that goes 80% for Democrats.

Praying at least Purdue can pull out a win but strongly anticipating  I’ll wake up to bad news tomorrow morning.

Local onsite gun auction last week brought prices of $90 a box of fifty for 45 acp and 9mm. I added up the value of my inventory at those prices and my net worth almost doubled.

Getting nuts. Heck, I can buy a a good used truck or a new compact car if I sold just my powder and primers right now. That doesn't count brass, loaded ammo, bullets, lead shot....

Yesterday, I commented on Facebook that I sold my UPS delivery driver a couple boxes of factory 10mm ammo for a Glock he just bought (no markup, just what I paid for it five years ago)... about 9:00 this morning, there was a knock on my door and somebody standing there asking if I was the guy on Facebook with ammunition for sale. I'm 15 miles from town, a mile and a half off the pavement, and somebody just shows up out of the blue wanting to buy .300 Winmag, ..357 mag, and 20g.  :blink:

7 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Yesterday, I commented on Facebook that I sold my UPS delivery driver a couple boxes of factory 10mm ammo for a Glock he just bought (no markup, just what I paid for it five years ago)... about 9:00 this morning, there was a knock on my door and somebody standing there asking if I was the guy on Facebook with ammunition for sale. I'm 15 miles from town, a mile and a half off the pavement, and somebody just shows up out of the blue wanting to buy .300 Winmag, ..357 mag, and 20g.  :blink:

Yeah I'd delete that.  I hate to seem suspicious, but it's almost like casing your joint for b&e.

I hope you told him you didn't know what he was talking about and that all you had was a near empty box of 22's and you only used that to dispatch coyotes, foxes, other varmints in the hen house or scare off the occasional bear.

Guns are slowly becoming available as the initial surge has caused most who were desperate for a gun to have found one and spent their money they could afford to on guns. There may be a second surge of buying given recent events, but it's not clear. Ammo remains elusive and expensive for the  most part, and I expect that will continue to at least another year if not more. Primers are unobtainium and probably will be for the next year or more. Auctions and estate sales or friends who are willing to sell. 

Archived