SASS Wire Forum

Mike Venturino

Mad Milligun

I can find nothing to corroborate this. But when I was typing his name in DDG a list of search selections came up and one of the was “mike venturing gun writer dies”. I clicked it and “nothing”. Perhaps, and I hope, an internet urban legend.

I’m friends with him on FB. He posted that it is a rumor. He said, “ I’m not even sick!”

18 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

So very glad he is fine! Made me sick when I heard that news this a.m.  SCJ

When I first got into cowboy shooting his book about old west revolvers was like gold to me! I learned a lot from him.;)

I think that is a yearly rumor.

A good example of why one should not accept at face value what you read on social media and the web. 

A click of the finger and anyone can put out anything they care to, and some will accept it. 

And I just discovered my soap box is coming apart. 

Mr. Venturino's work is why I feel that i can shoot original 19th century guns: gunsmith's approval, reasonable loads and not asking a Win 1873 .32 WCF to act like more than it is.

His passion for the old west firearms has always inspired me to want to shoot more, and reload more, and enjoy the old firearms (or clones) more.

Everyone makes a difference....some make a positive difference. Mike makes a positive difference. What he does, and writes about, brings so much joy to so many others, and inspires us, not only to enjoy the firearms that shaped our country, but to really experience what our ancestors experienced. 

Be safe, and be well Mike. You are important to a lot of us that you will not meet until the Lord comes back. 

Archived