SASS Wire Forum

WOW! $600 in my bank this morning!

Checked my online bank statement this morning and $1,200 showed up, $600 each for me & the missus. Man that was fast,,..................

We got ours too.

3 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Don't run too far with that money.  They are going to want it back on April 15th.

I doubt if anyone will receive a 1099 for this or the other money we received. In any case, the first $$$ we received was donated to a non-profit, so it can be deducted as a legit charitable contribution. This $$$ will also be donated to a non-profit.

Got ours this morning too!!  Schoolmarm is busy paying bills with it!!  Figured we could pay off some of those little annoying things now and enjoy a little breathing room with Christmas paid for early!!

Congrats on the quick "free" money. I haven't checked my bank yet so I don't know if the so called stimulus money is there yet or not.

I do wonder if the others in line for the money got theirs so quick. You know.......

85 million to Cambodia

134 million to Burma

1.3 billion to Egypt (so they can buy Russian military equipment)

25 million to Pakistan

505 million to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama

130 million to Nepal

1.4 billion to the Asia Reassurance Initiative Act

700 million to Sudan

40 million to the Kennedy Center

154 million to the National Gallery Of Art

1 billion to the Smithsonian

Approximate total 5.47 billion

Meanwhile everyday Joe American received $600.00 each (as long as they made less that $75,000 in 2019). So much pork crap has been added to the new bill to increase the payments to $2,000 that I doubt that it will ever happen. 

Sorry folks, $600 isn't enough for most people to dig themselves out of the hole that others dug. I'll remember this when the next election comes around....I'll remember.

47 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Congrats on the quick "free" money. I haven't checked my bank yet so I don't know if the so called stimulus money is there yet or not.

I do wonder if the others in line for the money got theirs so quick. You know.......

85 million to Cambodia

134 million to Burma

1.3 billion to Egypt (so they can buy Russian military equipment)

25 million to Pakistan

505 million to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama

130 million to Nepal

1.4 billion to the Asia Reassurance Initiative Act

700 million to Sudan

40 million to the Kennedy Center

154 million to the National Gallery Of Art

1 billion to the Smithsonian

Approximate total 5.47 billion

Meanwhile everyday Joe American received $600.00 each (as long as they made less that $75,000 in 2019). So much pork crap has been added to the new bill to increase the payments to $2,000 that I doubt that it will ever happen. 

Sorry folks, $600 isn't enough for most people to dig themselves out of the hole that others dug. I'll remember this when the next election comes around....I'll remember.

That is how the kick-backs to congress works. 25 million to Pakistan for sexual orientation study where it actually goes into an off shore bank account after going to Pakistan. Then distributed to certain congressmen and remains untraceable. System is more complicated than this, but you get it.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Don't run too far with that money.  They are going to want it back on April 15th.

No, stimulus payments are not taxable.  A lot of the other aid is.

IRS: “No, the payment is not income and taxpayers will not owe tax on it. The payment will not reduce a taxpayer's refund or increase the amount they owe when they file their 2020 tax return next year. A payment also will not affect income for purposes of determining eligibility for federal government assistance or benefit programs."

They go on to say if they missed you, you’ll get your payment in the ford of a refundable tax credit.  If they paid you when you don’t qualify, their mistake and you don’t have to pay it back.

Ours showed up this morning. New stove for the kitchen next week.

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

No, stimulus payments are not taxable.  A lot of the other aid is.

IRS: “No, the payment is not income and taxpayers will not owe tax on it. The payment will not reduce a taxpayer's refund or increase the amount they owe when they file their 2020 tax return next year. A payment also will not affect income for purposes of determining eligibility for federal government assistance or benefit programs."

They go on to say if they missed you, you’ll get your payment in the ford of a refundable tax credit.  If they paid you when you don’t qualify, their mistake and you don’t have to pay it back.

You beat me to it!! ;)

Don't y'all find it a bit scary how the Government knows y'alls bank account and can put money into without y'alls permission?

3 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Don't y'all find it a bit scary how the Government knows y'alls bank account and can put money into without y'alls permission?

I think it’s just if you have had your tax refund direct deposited in the past . I know people who received checks for the last one 

13 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I think it’s just if you have had your tax refund direct deposited in the past . I know people who received checks for the last one 

Last time we got a debit/credit card.

JHC

2 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Last time we got a debit/credit card.

JHC

First I’ve heard of that . But as long as you get it I guess it doesn’t matter . Saw a meme the other day that all of us in Mi were getting 50% off coupons for the restaurants we can’t eat out at :) 

57 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Not too scary if your Social Security check is direct deposited, or if your tax refunds are. That's how they know-- you told them.

It was a little screwy. It said DEBIT big as Dallas, but some places you had to run it as a credit. Whatever....it worked until used up. Thought it was junk mail at first, almost threw it away!

JHC

27 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

It was a little screwy. It said DEBIT big as Dallas, but some places you had to run it as a credit. Whatever....it worked until used up. Thought it was junk mail at first, almost threw it away!

JHC

That's the way most welfare (oops!  Excuse me, public assistance) programs work.  They no longer mail checks they issue cards and recharge them each month.  Works almost as well as mail-in voting.

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

And next year when the tax increases are passed you will pay $1,200.00 back.

Not me I don't make enough!:P

17 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

How do you think they lock it down when you get nailed by Uncle Sam? I have processed more than my share if IRS notices when I was a payroll manager. The tax divisions of the government are the only entities that can exceed 25% garnishment guidelines. 

IRS locks down your accounts and garnishes your paycheck till back owed is paid up.

Archived