SASS Wire Forum

[SOLD] Winchester 1897 Pump Shotgun 12G

Wade Butcher

Rz5DCSt.jpg

t9favBg.jpg

ipo6sTl.jpg

In typical newbie fashion, I recently purchased a few different style shotguns from fellow SASS members with the idea that I'd play with them all and decide which style I liked best. Well, after trying the 1887 lever action style (first), I had so much fun that I decided that I don't need this pump style '97 Winchester (still untried).

It's an original Winchester made in 1912. You can see and read more about it in the original thread HERE.

It's well worn on the outside, and it looks every bit of its 1912 vintage. However, from talking with  few local SASS members, it seems that these pump shotguns were heavily used by law enforcement — tossed around a lot, but not fired very often. That's probably why the original seller said the internals are, "tight with very little wear" and its previous gunsmith said, "Seriously, this is a good gun - no slop at all. I cut it down & smoothed it a bit. Showed very little wear internally and will last a long, long time in our game."

As I said, I've never fired it. I fell in love with my lever action '87, so this pump shotgun will probably just sit around in my closet if I don't offer it for sale now.

Price is $700 shipped to your favorite FFL. SOLD

Trades welcome. I'm currently looking for a tuned Cimarron Thunderball (357/38), Cimarron 1875 Outlaw (357/38), Cimarron "Wyatt Earp" Buntline (357/38), or Cimarron Bisley (357/38).

W.B.

32 minutes ago, Professor Thoreau, SASS 2611 said:

1-1-2021

Howdy Wade Butcher,

I will take it at $700 shipped to my favorite FFL.  Thank you!!

PM coming your way.

Professor Thoreau

Thank you...You saved me some money....Give it a good home and use....

Texas Lizard

• Wade Butcher changed the title to [SOLD] Winchester 1897 Pump Shotgun 12G

Archived