SASS Wire Forum

Covid habits

Utah Bob #35998

They maybe hard to break. 
I was sitting in the Lazy Boy reading a book and licked my finger to turn the page.

Then, for just a millisecond, my brain went into panic mode.
OMIGERD!I JUST PUT MY FINGER IN MY MOUTH WITHOUT WASHING MY HANDS!!

Then I laughed.

Then I said, “Dang it!”.

:wacko: :lol: :(

I'm not sure but that all of the "protocols" may be in vain.  Not saying that everyone shouldn't follow them to the best of their ability!  I'm just wondering of ANY of it will REALLY do any good!!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I'm not sure but that all of the "protocols" may be in vain.  Not saying that everyone shouldn't follow them to the best of their ability!  I'm just wondering of ANY of it will REALLY do any good!!

Wondering if it will do any good? My God man we’re talking about the future of the human race here.       :ph34r:

I was pumping gas the other morning and all of a sudden realized I wasn’t wearing a mask and immediately stopped holding the nozzle to reach in my pocket to get my mask in when I realized my hands were just on a gas pump nozzle and I thought “Awe crap, now I need to disinfect my hands to put my mask on!” then I realized I was outside and didn’t need a mask anyway. 
All this occurred within the span of about 2 seconds. 

Sheesh! :blink:

The nice thing about the gas station I go to is they (usually) provide these disposable plastic gloves for pumping gas. There were none that day. 

16 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Wondering if it will do any good? My God man we’re talking about the future of the human race here.       :ph34r:

Couldn't agree more, BUT this just may be outside of our ability to actually control!!  Hopefully the vaccines will help reduce the final tally, but people are contracting the virus, even with their own best efforts to avoid it!!

My two grandsons lost their other grandmother, the day before yesterday!!  I'm NOT one of those who is locked down, living in fear!!  I still go and I still do most of what I want to do.  I don't interact with others like I'm accustomed to doing, taking care to distance and not put myself and others at any increased risk, but she caught it from a person who was infected, knew it, and refused to quarantine!  Both of them are/were at fault!!  Her, for hosting card games and for going bowling with a crowd and him for knowingly exposing others by refusing to do what he was supposed to do!! Now her daughter, my ex daughter-in-law, her husband, and the daughter's boyfriend are all testing positive because they had to see after the husband who suffers from dementia!!

This MIGHT be an episode of NATURAL SELECTION!!

It takes 21 consecutive days to form a new habit.

Most of the new COVID measures may become part of our normal life; however, I believe, in time, they too will eventually vanish from our daily routines.

image.png.22329ecc0bea4a306195d8c07d4a178f.png

Blackwater may have a valid point. My son's FIL and my next door neighbor both caught it and neither one were out and about and stayed indoors with precautions. My son's FIL died after two weeks. His immune system was extremely compromised, though. The neighbor is diabetic( worse than me) and has other disabling problems. It screwed him up bad. He's currently in a rehab facility now trying to get strong enough to get back home. My SIL is in a nursing home and after it ran rampant there, got it. She was out of her head for a while. Led to some pretty weird phone calls. She's now on the other side of it and got her first shot Christmas eve.:blush:

There is no rhyme or reason to the spread. The latest strain was confirmed in Colorado. The individual didn't travel and had little interaction with others. I know people that had direct physical contact with people known to have it and they either caught it and had no symptoms or they never caught it. 

I know others that have caught it with just brief exposure to someone who had it but were not showing any symptoms till the following day.

What I do believe, is that masks help slow the spread of transmission. They make it harder for those who have it but are not showing symptoms to infect others. 

19 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

There is no rhyme or reason to the spread. The latest strain was confirmed in Colorado. The individual didn't travel and had little interaction with others.

All it means to me is that just like the original strain was in the US (and elsewhere) before it was "discovered" in China, the new "England" strain was here before it was detected there.

All the handwashing, sanitizing, and other stuff has made for a season with very little flu, at least.

And you never hear anyone cough out there anymore. They don't dare....

Reminds me of a Seattle Symphony concert I was at about 40 years ago. There was a very Germanic conductor. During the first movement of the piece, there was a lot of audience coughing; it was midwinter. He put down the baton, stopped the orchestra in mid-note, and turned to the audience and ordered: "No coughing!" There wasn't a cough to be heard the rest of the night.

17 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

All the handwashing, sanitizing, and other stuff has made for a season with very little flu, at least.

And you never hear anyone cough out there anymore. They don't dare....

Reminds me of a Seattle Symphony concert I was at about 40 years ago. There was a very Germanic conductor. During the first movement of the piece, there was a lot of audience coughing; it was midwinter. He put down the baton, stopped the orchestra in mid-note, and turned to the audience and ordered: "No coughing!" There wasn't a cough to be heard the rest of the night.

It was back in April or June, lady in one of those grocery store electric scooters (obese, bandages on legs suggesting advanced diabetes) waiting on me to move before I noticed her waiting for me to move on...

Told her if she had just let out a little cough, I would have moved on pretty quick! Put her in hysterics, she needed that release. Makes me wonder is she ever got the 'rona, and if she is still alive.

My sister got it when she went to vote.  She died, but infected her daughter's entire family.  All of them had severe symptoms but lived. We also lost my uncle, who was more like a brother to me than uncle.  I agree with Blackwater that we will probably all get exposed to it, but I believe that the protocols slow the spread. I intend to follow them until the all clear is given.  I will also get the shot as soon as I can.

Duffield

Archived