SASS Wire Forum

When will flu shot be available?

Kid Rich

Shirttail had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday and I asked her if she would check to see when Covid shots would be available. Doc said right now. She couldn't get hers yesterday cause she's not old enough. I got mine, but had to wait.

10 minutes.

;)

kR

1 hour ago, Black Hills Drifter said:

Kid Rich, would you be able to share what state you reside in and what age category is currently eligible for the vaccine ?

AZ category 1b 75 and older. It may not be at that stage in some of the more populated areas like Phoenix and Tucson or Yuma which is very close to PRK.

kR

It is going to vary state-by-state!  And, in Colorado, for instance, that seems to be subject to change, based on the governor's whims.  As of yesterday, the first priority is health-care workers, first responders, and residents and workers in nursing homes and assisted care facilities.  I talked with my pharmacist at a local Walgreens, by phone. She said they had been vaccinating the residents with mental health issues at the care facility down the street.  We got a notification from my wife's doctor that a major hospital facility was allowing people 75 and older (maybe 70+ due to statements by the State of Colorado) to register and then be notified with a 48-hour period to accept or not.  Walgreens does not know when they will get enough vaccine to call frequent customers 75 and older, so we asked that they let us know, if possible.  Meantime, we did sign up for the other program.  Just have to wait and see...

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Happy, Healthy New Year! 

Be glad you are not in CA 

when the shot first came out we saw plenty the heath care workers getting their shots first

First  responders too 

then the Woke crowd made this list 

it is getting worse  now CA largest rest home has 50 case of the bat flu

IMG_0599.JPG

Flu shot (thread subject line), no availability problems, got mine a while back.

CoViD? Just got this today from Sevier County Tennessee EMS (My Bold):

There will be a COVID-19 vaccination clinic this Saturday, January 2, from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Sevier County Health Department. The currently approved groups for receiving vaccines are first responders, health care workers, long-term care facility workers, adults unable to live independently, funeral and mortuary employees, and those 75 and older.

In Ohio we’re supposed to get the vaccine in middle of January for the over 65 crowd, according to the local news. I’ll get it for sure. I’ve been getting the flu shot the last 5 years so what the heck!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

In Ohio we’re supposed to get the vaccine in middle of January for the over 65 crowd, according to the local news. I’ll get it for sure. I’ve been getting the flu shot the last 5 years so what the heck!

At this time, unless you have known anaphylactic-level allergies and your doctor has recommended you carry a epi-pen, does not seem to cause more than some soreness and maybe mild fever for a couple days.

I wonder if those who already caught the 'rona have fewer symptoms when vaccinated. Well, I wonder if the asymptomatic cases are those that already caught it a while back.

I also wonder if I got the 'rona about a year ago, that was a nasty bug! I lived, but would much rather have had a sore arm and a mild fever for a couple days instead of coughing so bad and so long that I stressed my hernia meshes. If I did not have hernia meshes before, I would have needed them after.

And if you  get what I had, do not crawl into bed! What I had wanted to go to the lungs. Stay up! Stay as active as you can! Do not get on your back and wait it out. I have no proof this is important, but I felt it at the time. Do not lay down and give in!

My doctor here in SW Missouri said first responders and medical professionals first.  Peons like my wife and I later.  Doc said check back in mid January.  Hunker down until then.  OK, we can do that.  

We will see how our state and local governments handle this.  I’m grateful the vaccine is being produced.

I have a long memory, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Cochise County (So. AZ near Tombstone) doesn't have much in the way of vaccines. It's looking like March at the earliest for me. Seems like the rural counties don't have the clout of the 2 larger ones in the state.

Missus and I got the first dose of Pfizer this morning at a community clinic.  One of her book club friends heard the clinic had vaccine, shared an email link to make an appointment and a printable consent form.

I’m glad we got vaccinated.  I feel a bit unsure that word of mouth is the “right” way for folks to get vaccinated.  Particularly in light of the fact that many of us old timers struggle with computer skills.  

I’m kinda embarrassed about the way Missouri has managed vaccine distribution.  But when you leave public health decisions to politicians it shouldn’t be a surprise.

We just contacted the county health dept. and they made an appointment. Went in, got the shot, had to sit there for about 20 minutes to make sure there was no adverse reaction..

We have been told our vaccine will be here on the next unicorn.

Contact your doctor. He/She will be able to tell you how to get the vaccine.

Many pharmacy chains have sign up lists. Our hospital has one. Wife and I signed up last week and today we got the first dose.

Do a search for covid vaccine with your county name. Sort the results to prioritize the results with the newest first. instead of the most relevant. 

The criteria in every state is different. Here in TX they are vaccinating 65 and older and those with underlying health conditions. According to the news TX will administer around 1,000,000 doses by the end of next week.

Here is a link to a map showing who has how much vaccine for the state of Texas. Updated every day

Click on a dot and you can find contact info for that provider. Even if the provider doesn't currently have vaccine contact them and get on every wait list you can.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, bgavin said:

One benefit of requiring age 75 for the vaccine... the recipient will die of old age before the vaccine cancer kills him.

And when the 40-year-olds get it, they'll also die of old age first....

I see that Minnesota is doing appointments by lottery there’s so much demand.

“Vaccine cancer” may burped the dumbest thing I’ve heard this week.

Archived