SASS Wire Forum

Mean knife

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Whats the meanest looking knife you have seen.

Not some huge thing but a little one that would carry easy.

I think the curved ones that look like a claw are pretty scary.

Any other ideas??

Best

CR

If anyone ever pulled a knife on me, it would be the scariest one I had ever seen.

The crown stag handled Arkansas toothpick Sam Elliott carried in the Louis L'Amour movies was impressive

WWII vintage (not the Buck reinvisioning) Smatchets impressed me, too.

Pre WWI kukhris look serious as well.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If anyone ever pulled a knife on me, it would be the scariest one I had ever seen.

I will agree. 

When I was a kid my Dad, who was a street fighter and bar fighter (not kidding - those Clint Eastwood movies about bare knuckle fights weren’t based on Hollywood fantasy), Anyway, my Dad would teach me street fighting and knife fighting. How to fight with a knife and how to fight someone with a knife when you are barehanded. I remember him saying “You have to be willing to get cut up to win a knife fight.”

I remember responding with “I don’t see a lot of knife scars on you so either your very good or you haven’t been in a real knife fight.” That earned me a good slap on the head and that day’s lesson ended. 
A few years later I decided my karate instructor’s advice that I posted earlier was probably the wisest course of action. 

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I had that happen once.  I was working my old LE profession, and was assigned to the ghetto.  I was in a drug and gang-ridden apartment building looking for a suspect.  I had my gun drawn and sliced the pie around one corner to see a person completely unrelated to my investigation standing with one of those gut hook knives in his hand.  Fortunately I already had my gun drawn; had I not been looking for someone else it would have been holstered.  I held him at gunpoint until another cop arrived, who disarmed him, and then found three more knives on him during the pat-down.  There was a BOLO on the guy about his dangerous infatuation with knives and wanting to kill cops.  

He admitted when he saw the police cruiser pull up he was going to hide behind a corner and kill the first cop he saw, even though he wasn't wanted and we weren't there looking for him.  It was just an opportunity to kill a cop.  

I had been in that building numerous times, and didn't have a habit of walking around with my gun drawn.  So if he had seen me pull up on a different occasion, the outcome would likely be vastly different.

I've been stabbed twice working in a prison, there are some scary looking shanks made behind the walls.

Knives don't scare me, but I have to admit the meat cleaver in my kitchen gives me the willies. I'd rather be cut or sliced than have that thing come down on my head!

I also have a Katana that's razor-sharp, and whenever I handle it I feel like a porcupine making love (i.e., very carefully).

Well, I bought this beast, and it is a beast.  Looks pretty scary to me and will definitely do a body harm.  Not something I would want to fight with, though.

No photo description available.

This is a small, 4 1/2" blade, paring knife.

No description available.

And this is a 5 7/8" boning knife.

Knife2.thumb.jpg.59cc19bf2d0a3f7271e4f1d8596e24fa.jpg

On their own, they're just tools.  I believe any of them would look mean in the right hands.

17 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Had a woman in traffic jump out and wave a steak knife in my face once. Not scary at all. I was laughing at her. If I understood spanish I may have been a little worried but I was laughing so hard I almost dropped my pistol.

50 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Had a woman in traffic jump out and wave a steak knife in my face once. Not scary at all. I was laughing at her. If I understood spanish I may have been a little worried but I was laughing so hard I almost dropped my pistol.

Had she had a bottle of A1 sauce in the other hand you might have taken her a bit more seriously. :mellow:

On 12/30/2020 at 10:09 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This style knife was featured on the TV series, “Forged in Fire”.  The contestant Messerschmidts had to make a pair of them.  It was one of the best episodes, imho.  I agree with you, BTW.

Cutten and a Gutten

001.JPG

20210102_195935.thumb.jpg.90cc5767567314a414251d4778070dbe.jpg

Probably not the meanest looking motor scooter around this camp, and it's not officially a combat or fighting knife, and it has a rubber handle instead of a ancient African hardwood and hasn't been hand forged by some ancient Japanese warrior, but I would grab this out of my pile of knives if I needed to poke someone in the belly and do a little damage.

It's a Cutco made in the USA with a life time warranty. 

Best part is I found it.

Had a guy I knew thru work get in an argument with his girlfriend. She grabbed a steak knife and stabbed him in the heart. He was DRT. 

8 hours ago, Raylan said:

Had a guy I knew thru work get in an argument with his girlfriend. She grabbed a steak knife and stabbed him in the heart. He was DRT. 

Her her name wasn’t Cathy S was it

Cold Steel Voyager Vaquero.

-  7 oz.

-  5 1/2 in. blade

-  Digs deeper in slash of, for instance, an attacker's forearm.

-  Convenient pocket carry

-  Not legal in liberal cesspools

20210103_091115.jpg

Sorry, one more.  This is my replica Welsh Fusilliers' trench sword.  Designed and commissioned by a batallion commander for his troops who had no rifle, with bayonet, for defense during trench raids by the Bosch.  Machine gunners, grenadiers, and others who had to be in the trenches, but had no rifle, were issued these.  17 1/2 in. blade.  Convenient coconut opening tool on pommel end.  "For the Glory of Wales" (in Welsh) engraving.

20210103_094033.jpg

4 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Just add a few serrations to that Vaquero and I think that would

be at least a finalist, maybe a winner??

Best

CR

Lynn Thompson, Cold Steel founder/owner,  carries 3 serrated Vaqueros as EDC.

Archived