SASS Wire Forum

Not My Normal Type of Thread, But a Request

DocWard

As always, you and your wife have my prayers and best wishes.  I dont know if there is anything I can do to help, but you can ask. Also EEOC handicap is always a great initial filing, then follow with Age, sex and race.  Then follow up with a reprisal eeo

Stress is multiplicative a new stressor does not ADD to the overall stress level it MULTIPLIES it. 

Don't carry it alone spread the load

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

Well, I am a Juris Doctor... Who also happened to serve 16 years or so  of my career as a medic in a combat arms unit... Combat arms types tend to give medics the nickname "Doc," or at least the ones they trust. As I've said on more than one occasion, I'm more proud that guys I served with saw fit to call me "Doc Ward" than I am of being able to attach "Esquire" at the end of my name!

Also, when I was trying to decide on an alias, it was one I knew I would answer to instead of giving a blank stare, because I had been called by it for so long...

I understand, the corpsmen that were attached had to earn the title “Doc” and it didn’t come easy.  I was lucky and had a few, one even saved my life, still not sure if he was happy with that decision ^_^ :lol:

35 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I understand, the corpsmen that were attached had to earn the title “Doc” and it didn’t come easy.  I was lucky and had a few, one even saved my life, still not sure if he was happy with that decision ^_^ :lol:

Ah, I didn't realize you were a Marine, my apologies! A couple of the best medics I served with, one who remains a close friend to this day, were originally  Corpsmen who ran with the Marines. I was fortunate to never need to save a life, but I like to think I was good at my job. Yes, not everyone earns the moniker.

I will say one of the most painful times in my career was when I was getting ready to retire, and was on Rear Det. as my unit was getting ready to deploy. I got sent to be the NCOIC of the White Cell while everyone was coming back for R&R prior to heading to Afghanistan, and one specific platoon was short a medic. When I got on the ground, several of the guys saw me and assumed I was going to be their medic and were excited to see me. It was a hurtful thing to tell them no, and a big part of me wanting to go with them.

1 minute ago, DocWard said:

Ah, I didn't realize you were a Marine, my apologies! A couple of the best medics I served with, one who remains a close friend to this day, was originally a Corpsman who ran with the Marines. I was fortunate to never need to save a life, but I like to think I was good at my job. Yes, not everyone earns the moniker.

No apologies needed, I wasn’t a Marine, I was in the Navy, mostly Expeditionary commands for 24 years.  We worked closely with the Marines and usually had a Marine attached.  I think it’s great that you prefer Doc to Esquire, some don’t understand what it takes to earn the name Doc.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Maybe your bride can take time off to rest and heal. A very toxic situation can't be good for her right now. She may feel overwhelmed.

I'm doing my best trying to give her space and be there if she needs me at the same time. I am positive she is feeling overwhelmed at the moment, and is wanting to be alone. It makes me worry more for her, and is a very helpless feeling.

11 hours ago, DocWard said:

Also, when I was trying to decide on an alias, it was one I knew I would answer to instead of giving a blank stare, because I had been called by it for so long...

Yeah, “Doc” sure beats “Juris Doctor” for an alias. :lol:

My prayers are with you & your wife.  I strongly suggest with all the stress & losses, that you both get professional counseling to help with your grief.

Condolences!  2020 was tough for us too.  Myriad of health issues and we lost our only son.

Chin up.  Think,  you have some where over 30,000 Cowboys thinking and praying for you.

6 hours ago, Noz said:

Condolences!  2020 was tough for us too.  Myriad of health issues and we lost our only son.

I'll also keep you and yours in my thoughts and meditations

You've got more and better advice than I could possibly come up with.
You were kind enough to offer your ear, should I have need of it.
That works both ways.
Standing up on my knees for you, my friend!

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

You've got more and better advice than I could possibly come up with.
You were kind enough to offer your ear, should I have need of it.
That works both ways.
Standing up on my knees for you, my friend!

Thank you, and I may in the future.

First off DocWard :

I am sending up prayers For both you and your Wife ...

Secondly Happy New Year ..

God Bless 

Jabez Cowboy

Archived