SASS Wire Forum

If you ring my doorbell..

Whiskey Business

Then there had better be a pizza or Amazon box involved. 

Not some political hack. The calls to my mobile, texts and land line, not to mention the profuse amounts of junk mail, are boorish and tiring.

And now they are coming to my door? Hey, covid you know.

sign to put on your door ....

.... "WE SHOOT 1 OUT OF EVERY 3 UNSOLICITED VISITORS

#2 JUST LEFT"

............ you are most welcome   ;)

:wub:

Do you have a squirt gun? I use mine at my front door to keep flies out. Those pesky insects that follow BS around. The squirt runs off the BS carrier which in turn runs off the flies. ;)

Not long ago I was out in the shop and had to “water the grass” you might say and as I was watering I heard a car door slam behind me. I zipped up real quick and turned around and two young Jehovahs Witnesses were standing in front of the first car with big smiles on their faces. I’m pretty sure they saw what I was doing as did the two other people in the first car and the four others in the second car. They didn’t stay long and haven’t been back since.

We used to get Jehovahs Witnesses at our old house all the time until I let "Baroness" answer the door with me one time. I guess 85 pounds of Doberman barking with her jaws snapping at crotch level and only a screen door in between got my message across. Never saw a couple folks move as fast before and no longer got any visitors from that group. 

10 minutes ago, Doc X said:

We used to get Jehovahs Witnesses at our old house all the time until I let "Baroness" answer the door with me one time. I guess 85 pounds of Doberman barking with her jaws snapping at crotch level and only a screen door in between got my message across. Never saw a couple folks move as fast before and no longer got any visitors from that group. 

Yep. Shout it from the mountains, just not on my property.

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Yep. Shout it from the mountains, just not on my property.

Speaking of mountains and North Georgia... 

I've a friend that lives near Blairsville, you close to there at all?

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Not long ago I was out in the shop and had to “water the grass” you might say and as I was watering I heard a car door slam behind me. I zipped up real quick and turned around and two young Jehovahs Witnesses were standing in front of the first car with big smiles on their faces. I’m pretty sure they saw what I was doing as did the two other people in the first car and the four others in the second car. They didn’t stay long and haven’t been back since.

You pissed them off I guess!

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Fairly close.

Neat. I'm trying to talk her and her husband into visiting a CAS match. She's my banjo teacher; they're both  Air Force vets.

I don't mind JW, I just don't like it when they think they have a right to come onto my property late in the evening

or when they neglect to hear me tell them that I don't have time to talk.

I'm Southern Baptist, and what they really don't like is when I have time to talk..... which usually upsets them.

P.S. - I know and have worked with JW and they are very nice, respectable folks.

I wish I could say that about most Southern Baptist..... :lol:

..........Widder

Georgia has become the political center of the universe.  We finally unplugged the landline.  One recorded political call after another from 6am to 11pm.  As soon as you hang it up it rings again.  EVERY tv commercial is political one.  Can't watch it anymore.  I read where the two political parties will spend over a billion dollars for advertising in the GA runoff election.  It's a disgrace.

I've got a NO SOLICITING sign on my door. There's a no soliciting ordinance in my town and it seems to work. If I ever do answer my door I point to the sign and I always have a pistol in my pocket!

I've had more than a few encounters with Jehovah's Witnesses as an adult homeowner. Over the past ten years or so, when they ask "Are you familiar..." My response is to always look them in the eyes with a serious, unphased look on my face and respond, "I grew up in a home with a father who is a Jehovah's Witness, most of his family are Witnesses. I'm now a Buddhist. What's your next question." I have yet to get anything other than a "Have a nice day," except for one gentleman who nodded and said "We all must find our own way."

12 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Neat. I'm trying to talk her and her husband into visiting a CAS match. She's my banjo teacher; they're both  Air Force vets.

Cherokee Gun Club in Gainsville is probably closest to them. Love the CAS range. 

Riverbend in Dawsonville is my favorite for CAS shooting. That is where I started off.

Both are beautiful forrested ranges with creeks and the people can not be beat. 

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

Cherokee Gun Club in Gainsville is probably closest to them. Love the CAS range. 

Riverbend in Dawsonville is my favorite for CAS shooting. That is where I started off.

Both are beautiful forrested ranges with creeks and the people can not be beat. 

They're actually 30 minutes North of Blairsville right on the N Carolina border(barely in Georgia). We think Ocoee may be just as close Cherokee. I'm gonna try to go down in the Spring and visit and maybe take to a match; fun stuff.

Hey, Utah Bob, that about covers it.

Had a so called representative from an electric provider that doesn't service my area come into my yard. He was headed to the meter, said I was behind on my bill and my power was about to cut off. I had just paid my bill on time to my legitimate provider.

1 hour ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

When the JWs stop by, I always tell them my aunt was one; (she was). I mention the magazine Awake, we chat for a minute or two, they smile and then they leave. 

Between Awake and Watchtower I was never without reading material to move out of the way to find my Hot Rod and Guns and Ammo magazines.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

Hey, Utah Bob, that about covers it.

Had a so called representative from an electric provider that doesn't service my area come into my yard. He was headed to the meter, said I was behind on my bill and my power was about to cut off. I had just paid my bill on time to my legitimate provider.

Good way for a fella to get himself shot

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

People who want to tell you about their religion rarely want to hear about yours.

:lol:

Many years ago, I was over at a friends house when a couple JWs showed up.

My friend is Jewish. Stating this since I knew it, the JWs did not know this... Despite the brass scroll posted on the door jamb.

He let them start the discussion, then said "I'm Jewish and you killed Jesus." I'm not sure I can remember them actually saying anything before they left. I do remember they left.

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

People who want to tell you about their religion rarely want to hear about yours.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

19 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Funny how that works, isn't it?

................... you guys talkin' politics again ????

:P

Archived