SASS Wire Forum

A New Cook Top Finally

Yul Lose

In September Mrs. Lose dropped a skillet onto her cooktop and broke off one of the control knobs. After searching everywhere for another controller and not finding one she decided she wanted a new cook top. I tried to talk her into a gas one because it’s plumbed for it already but she wanted another electric one. A friend of hers has an inversion cook top and raves about it. We ordered it from Lowe’s and after 3 trips to the local store to pick it up and them not being able to find it they had it on my last visit on Saturday, don’t get me started on their curbside service.

Anyway it got installed this morning and man is it slick. You can’t use copper or aluminum cookware it has to be steel. I put a pan of water on to boil and it took 28 seconds to boil!! The water was boiling and I removed the pan and I could lay my hand on the burner area where the pan was without burning my hand. If you leave a burner on it won’t heat up.

F0B8BC09-0004-4AFF-BAF0-BD3AEC943A26.jpeg

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

... I tried to talk her into a gas one because it’s plumbed for it already but she wanted another electric one.

I love gas, but I don't think you are my type. What with me being a guy and liking girls too.

But I love gas cooktops!

22 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I love gas, but I don't think you are my type. What with me being a guy and liking girls too.

But I love gas cooktops!

??????

7 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

In September Mrs. Lose dropped a skillet onto her cooktop and broke off one of the control knobs. After searching everywhere for another controller and not finding one she decided she wanted a new cook top. I tried to talk her into a gas one because it’s plumbed for it already but she wanted another electric one. A friend of hers has an inversion cook top and raves about it. We ordered it from Lowe’s and after 3 trips to the local store to pick it up and them not being able to find it they had it on my last visit on Saturday, don’t get me started on their curbside service.

Anyway it got installed this morning and man is it slick. You can’t use copper or aluminum cookware it has to be steel. I put a pan of water on to boil and it took 28 seconds to boil!! The water was boiling and I removed the pan and I could lay my hand on the burner area where the pan was without burning my hand. If you leave a burner on it won’t heat up.

F0B8BC09-0004-4AFF-BAF0-BD3AEC943A26.jpeg

Induction cooktop?  Not inversion?

I have gas outside and when I need to boil 2 gallons of water fast  I go outside

GFs bestie broke ours  she picked hot pan then dropped it 

Sears outlet had one  ... open box $300 what deal  ... did need to trim some tile but it was easy job and she paid 

inside the glass top is soo easy to clean 

we where in Lowes today shopping the You're doing anything project 

I asked if I could get 20 pieces of sheetrock  curbside .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Induction cooktop?  Not inversion?

One of those “I” words. Induction it is.

13 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

But I love gas cooktops!

I agree, but my last one is  a disaster.  It works beautifully but the grate on top was designed by Boris of East Berlin.  If a pan or pot isn't at least ten inches in diameter it has to be placed off-center or it will tip over.

I can't afford another one, so I have adapted.  I have learned to fry a single egg in a ten inch skillet.  :rolleyes:  :P

We have an inversion top which has a burnt out element. I’m thinking of getting an induction top. I like the easier cleaning and other features. Gas is. Out of the question as I’d need an outside tank installed. No gas lines out here. 
I would have to get some new cookware but that’s okay. MaybeI’ll use my stimulating cheque. :rolleyes:

I understand you can easily convert your stovetop to a home MRI machine so that’s a bonus. You just can’t wear a watch or belt buckle in the kitchen anymore.

Had one years ago. In the late 80's, PG&E was running a test on energy efficient appliances and they installed the induction range, a new microwave  and a heat pump system for free in our house. Wouldn't mind having another one but I doubt if I could convince the wife.

Archived