Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Colorado is a lousy place to move to!


Recommended Posts

Some thread on the internet shows Colorado as a place where people are moving to, and shows some supposedly nice things about it.  Don't fall for it, especially if your are thinking about relocating there!  If you want to "build you a home in the meadow", don't go to the mountains: wild fires and avalanches (and the Avs haven't been doing so well in the NHL, nor the Rockies or Broncos either).  Traffic on I-70 going to the mountains from Denver is horrible!  Air is so thin you can get altitude sickness and cancer-causing sunburn! 

In short, stay the hell outa our state!  It used to be a great place to live...until we got californicated in the 1960's and '70's!  Unless, of course you'd like to change the color of the state back to...er, uh...red! :P  Shoulda put up a fence...after my wife and I got here in January 1969! :rolleyes:

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Happy New Year!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Some thread on the internet shows Colorado as a place where people are moving to, and shows some supposedly nice things about it.  Don't fall for it, especially if your are thinking about relocating there!  If you want to "build you a home in the meadow", don't go to the mountains: wild fires and avalanches (and the Avs haven't been doing so well in the NHL, nor the Rockies or Broncos either).  Traffic on I-70 going to the mountains from Denver is horrible!  Air is so thin you can get altitude sickness and cancer-causing sunburn! 

In short, stay the hell outa our state!  It used to be a great place to live...until we got californicated in the 1960's and '70's!  Unless, of course you'd like to change the color of the state back to...er, uh...red! :P  Shoulda put up a fence...after my wife and I got here in January 1969! :rolleyes:

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Happy New Year!

Agreed!

My mom and dad both worried all the time about Texans taking over the state, should of looked further west.

First bumper sticker I ever had "Don't Californicate Colorado!" in the early '70's.

Obviously didn't work:(

Regards

 

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

 

Gateway Kid

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Agreed!

My mom and dad both worried all the time about Texans taking over the state, should of looked further west.

First bumper sticker I ever had "Don't Californicate Colorado!" in the early '70's.

Obviously didn't work:(

Regards

 

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

 

Gateway Kid

Sure didn't! We get the "blues" every time the legislature goes into session!  Wonder what the "independent commission" is going to do to gerrymander the congressional districts this time?  :(

Stay well and safe, Pard!

Happy and Healthier New Year!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be sending More of Your Left leaning DemocRats up here ,,, We got one up here in Cowboy Country and one is More than Enough...

We haven't decided if we should just shoot him or send him back ...

 

 

Jabez Cowboy  

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved to Nevada 24 years ago. It was conservative, gun friendly, and smallish government. Our current Governor is a clone of CAlifornia's Newsome, attacking our gun rights, talking taxes, bigger gov. So  we are now California East.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Don't be sending More of Your Left leaning DemocRats up here ,,, We got one up here in Cowboy Country and one is More than Enough...

We haven't decided if we should just shoot him or send him back ...

 

 

Jabez Cowboy  

No offense but isn’t your country pretty much all left leaning democrats ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Don't be sending More of Your Left leaning DemocRats up here ,,, We got one up here in Cowboy Country and one is More than Enough...

We haven't decided if we should just shoot him or send him back ...

 

 

Jabez Cowboy  

Shoot first then send back. 
You get a better shipping rate that way. 
regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every bad idea stars out in the toilets of CA and NY, then spreads across the other states.
Even the "fly over" states (I really do hate that moniker) catch the infection eventually.

As an Idaho native, the ANTIFA/BLM baloney would have NEVER been even tolerated one iota in the years of my youth.
When my Dad died in Boise, we went back to take care of business... I was appalled at how much Boise had degraded.

As noted above, NV and AZ are increasingly infected as well.
If we stay in CA and they all leave, maybe the grass will grow green in CA once again.
And then I woke up...

IBM transferred us to Colorado Springs in 1988 until 1992.
COS was a conservative town back in those days, even while Denver Metro was not.
Our dream of living on a meadow was just a pipe dream....  just endless windy prairie.
 

Edited by bgavin
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Assassin said:

It was Mork's fault. Everyone wanted to move to Boulder to live near Mork and Mindy.

No. It was John Denver.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I lived anywhere near the Denver metroplex I would probably feel the same. But I don’t. Nobody is going to run me outta here. :D

515D2C90-11A0-464C-A039-F7AC85C5B62B.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If I lived anywhere near the Denver metroplex I would probably feel the same. But I don’t. Nobody is going to run me outta here. :D

 

I feel the same way about WA. This place used to be quiet and friendly, but then all the leftist anarchists took over Seattle and now they're infecting the suburbs. And that's on top of the displaced CA liberals who were messing this place up since the 1980s. Even so, I just can't leave Mt Rainier and St Helens behind and go elsewhere, although if taxes get any higher here I might eventually have to.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

AZ has definitely been kalifornicated and damnyankeefied.  When I came here in 79, there was one dem in the congressional delegation: mine: Mo Udall. In the senate we had mccain, who pretended to be a  republican and deconcini, a dem who was soon replaced by Joh Kyl. Now we have only 4 reps in congress (out of 9 at last count). We have 2 dem senators, a fairy princess and a blithering idiot. The legislature just barely kept a rep majority and the gov is half-assed decent. But the state chose dopey joe, the first time I've seen AZ go for a dem in a presidential election I believe. It has truly gone to hell in a handcar. I'm glad I'm old and hopefully won't live long enough to see the socialist states of amerika. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we’re pretty safe in Ohio, the lefties out west can’t handle the weather here. Our gun rights are as strong as anywhere. Pretty much a red state, went for Trump :FlagAm:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

AZ has definitely been kalifornicated and damnyankeefied.  When I came here in 79, there was one dem in the congressional delegation: mine: Mo Udall. In the senate we had mccain, who pretended to be a  republican and deconcini, a dem who was soon replaced by Joh Kyl. Now we have only 4 reps in congress (out of 9 at last count). We have 2 dem senators, a fairy princess and a blithering idiot. The legislature just barely kept a rep majority and the gov is half-assed decent. But the state chose dopey joe, the first time I've seen AZ go for a dem in a presidential election I believe. It has truly gone to hell in a handcar. I'm glad I'm old and hopefully won't live long enough to see the socialist states of amerika. 

 

AZ didn't really vote for biden altho fake ballots said so. :angry:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But, back to Colorado...

 

20201115_113038.jpg

20201113_123054.jpg

20201113_161430.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

But, back to Colorado...

 

20201115_113038.jpg

20201113_123054.jpg

20201113_161430.jpg

It is a pretty state.;)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of history here:

 

Back in the 60's, in San Francisco and it's surrounds, it was common to see bumper stickers that said "Welcome to California!  Now go home - and take someone with you!"

 

This was San Francisco.  Home of the renowned San Francisco Gun Exchange, F. Bob Chow and his gun shop, Val Giannini and Val's Gun Shop, and many, many more.  There was a trap and skeet club on the bank of Lake Merced, near San Francisco State College.  Many more shops that catered to hunting and shooting sports, including our "own" Abercrombie & Fitch.  Walk in with your American Express card and walk out with everything needed for an African Safari, including clothes, boots, guns, ammunition, even airline tickets.  

 

High schools had thriving Junior ROTC programs, with associated rifle teams.  I once saw a bunch of guys helping a fellow unload a HUGE boar from the back of his pickup truck in his driveway - in the San Francisco Marina area.  I remember an old friend skinning a bear in HIS driveway, on Union Hill (his parents owned a multi-story apartment building).

 

We had a governor named Reagan.

 

But the infection had started.  And grew worse and worse, as people we would now classify as "leftists" first trickled, then flooded into California from other states - particularly the Eastern side of the country.

 

People with names like Pelosi.  Newsom.  Boxer.  Waters. That's just a start!  About ten years ago I did a survey of the state's elected legislators and was shocked at how many were from other states.  I don't recall the numbers, but it was a sizable percentage - I'll stick my neck out and guess at maybe about a third.

 

Going back even earlier, in the year 2000 there was an article published that stated that as of that time - twenty years ago - only one out of every eleven adults in the state was a native.

 

So, where were these people from?  Many from outside the U. S.; but many of those who assumed positions to truly change California were from other states. 

 

By the way - as of last year, California had 51 representatives in Congress.  Of those fifty-one, 20 are from other states and 5 from other countries.  

 

For those who are so quick to condemn California, a request - please take back those terrible people you sent us.  Please!   <_<

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Looks like we’re pretty safe in Ohio, the lefties out west can’t handle the weather here. Our gun rights are as strong as anywhere. Pretty much a red state, went for Trump :FlagAm:

 

Have you seen what has happened to Michigan??? :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What amazes me is if all these Californians have left and affected everywhere else why is California still jacked up?....

 

The PRoK is not the problem Neither is New York or any other state.. The real problem is that College is no longer a institution to expand our your horizons. It is now an indoctrination camp dedicated to destroying America from within.

What keeps me up at night is the possibility that it is too late to prevent the destruction of the country I love.

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

 

The PRoK is not the problem Neither is New York or any other state.. The real problem is that College is no longer a institution to expand our your horizons. It is now an indoctrination camp dedicated to destroying America from within.

What keeps me up at night is the possibility that it is too late to prevent the destruction of the country I love.


BINGO!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

A bit of history here:

 

Back in the 60's, in San Francisco and it's surrounds, it was common to see bumper stickers that said "Welcome to California!  Now go home - and take someone with you!"

 

This was San Francisco.  Home of the renowned San Francisco Gun Exchange, F. Bob Chow and his gun shop, Val Giannini and Val's Gun Shop, and many, many more.  There was a trap and skeet club on the bank of Lake Merced, near San Francisco State College.  Many more shops that catered to hunting and shooting sports, including our "own" Abercrombie & Fitch.  Walk in with your American Express card and walk out with everything needed for an African Safari, including clothes, boots, guns, ammunition, even airline tickets.  

 

High schools had thriving Junior ROTC programs, with associated rifle teams.  I once saw a bunch of guys helping a fellow unload a HUGE boar from the back of his pickup truck in his driveway - in the San Francisco Marina area.  I remember an old friend skinning a bear in HIS driveway, on Union Hill (his parents owned a multi-story apartment building).

 

We had a governor named Reagan.

 

But the infection had started.  And grew worse and worse, as people we would now classify as "leftists" first trickled, then flooded into California from other states - particularly the Eastern side of the country.

 

People with names like Pelosi.  Newsom.  Boxer.  Waters. That's just a start!  About ten years ago I did a survey of the state's elected legislators and was shocked at how many were from other states.  I don't recall the numbers, but it was a sizable percentage - I'll stick my neck out and guess at maybe about a third.

 

Going back even earlier, in the year 2000 there was an article published that stated that as of that time - twenty years ago - only one out of every eleven adults in the state was a native.

 

So, where were these people from?  Many from outside the U. S.; but many of those who assumed positions to truly change California were from other states. 

 

By the way - as of last year, California had 51 representatives in Congress.  Of those fifty-one, 20 are from other states and 5 from other countries.  

 

For those who are so quick to condemn California, a request - please take back those terrible people you sent us.  Please!   <_<

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was sad to hear when SfGE  went out of business. When i used to be a gunsmith for PISCO we did allot of gunsmith work for them . They were one of our best customers, they did a amazing amount of business. I built allot of custom 1911’s for their customers. 
it’s sad what Ca has turned into , it really is a gorgeous part of the country, I lived in Lassen Co . I can remember skiing in the morning with shorts on , swimming in a lake in the valley in the afternoon then going out in the desert shooting jackrabbits and taking a dip in the hot springs at night. I do miss the Mountain View’s  , but not the crazy laws and cost of living. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Agreed!

My mom and dad both worried all the time about Texans taking over the state, should of looked further west.

First bumper sticker I ever had "Don't Californicate Colorado!" in the early '70's.

Obviously didn't work:(

Regards

 

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

 

Gateway Kid

I visited Gunnison Colorado in the summer of 75, I was there for 2 weeks. I saw the same bumper sticker as you mentioned. I thought it was funny and most likely true.

 

I was born in California and have lived in 8 different states. I now and for the last 40 years have lived in Maine. Colorado has Californication we have MassHoleitis. But just like Cali. not all the people from Mass. are bad.

 

Edited by Dustin Checotah
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

 

The PRoK is not the problem Neither is New York or any other state.. The real problem is that College is no longer a institution to expand our your horizons. It is now an indoctrination camp dedicated to destroying America from within.

What keeps me up at night is the possibility that it is too late to prevent the destruction of the country I love.

 

Dave, this problem starts well before college.  I've been downright shocked at things I've seen teachers - especially, but not limited to younger teachers - lay on elementary school kids. 

 

I think it was back in '94, my old pard Hank's son came home from school (first grade) one day upset.  When his parents asked what was bothering him, he said that in school that day during a lesson on "nature," the subject of eagles came up.  The teacher - well known to be a flaming liberal - told the class that the national bird was rare and endangered, so the young man eagerly raised his hand to tell her and the class that he and his dad had in fact seen many.  The teacher retorted than she was quite sure the kid most certainly had NOT really seen eagles, and if he had, his father would've just shot and killed them.  The kid was humiliated.

 

Well, Dad was not pleased, and presented himself to the school for discussions with the teacher and principal.  

 

At that time, Dad was personal friends with Bruce Thiesen, the then-current American Legion National Commander.  A phone call to Bruce and another visit with the principal, and a school assembly was scheduled.  Hank was introduced, and in turn introduced the National Commander.  Bruce addressed the assembled kids, staff, and teachers, and gave a nice speech... and at one point, said "When I was visiting with President Clinton and Secretary of the Interior Bruce Babbitt [:blink:] last week, we were so pleased to be able to talk about how the Eagle has made such a marvelous comeback..." followed by a comment or two about his old friend Hank and Hank's son having enjoyed watching the magnificent birds when on their mountain treks...  

 

Evidently, the teacher was pretty glum.  She "retired" and relocated not long after.  

 

Sadly, we lost Hank a year and a half ago, one week before his son married... a schoolteacher.  I am very proud to say that Hank's son - my godson! - married a teacher with a remarkably sound set of realistic and conservative values, a Trump supporter, and a hell of a trap shooter.  In fact, my son gave her a Beretta shotgun for a wedding present!  This gal is a breath of fresh air, and it's refreshing to know that all may not be lost.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Don't be sending More of Your Left leaning DemocRats up here ,,, We got one up here in Cowboy Country and one is More than Enough...

We haven't decided if we should just shoot him or send him back ...

 

 

Jabez Cowboy  

Strip him nekkid, paint him blue, smear him with honey, and drop him off in bear country.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

 

Dave, this problem starts well before college.  I've been downright shocked at things I've seen teachers - especially, but not limited to younger teachers - lay on elementary school kids. 

 

I think it was back in '94, my old pard Hank's son came home from school (first grade) one day upset.  When his parents asked what was bothering him, he said that in school that day during a lesson on "nature," the subject of eagles came up.  The teacher - well known to be a flaming liberal - told the class that the national bird was rare and endangered, so the young man eagerly raised is hand to tell her and the class that he and his dad had in fact seen many.  The teacher retorted than she was quite sure the kid most certainly had NOT really seen eagles, and if he had, his father would've just shot and killed them.  The kid was humiliated.

 

Well, Dad was not pleased, and presented himself to the school for discussions with the teacher and principal.  

 

At that time, Dad was personal friends with Bruce Thiesen, the then-current American Legion National Commander.  A phone call to Bruce and another visit with the principal, and a school assembly was scheduled.  Hank was introduced, and in turn introduced the National Commander.  Bruce addressed the assembled kids, staff, and teachers, and gave a nice speech... and at one point, said "When I was visiting with President Clinton and Secretary of the Interior Bruce Babbitt [:blink:] last week, we were so pleased to be able to talk about how the Eagle has made such a marvelous comeback..." followed by a comment or two about his old friend Hank and Hank's son having enjoyed watching the magnificent birds when on their mountain treks...  

 

Evidently, the teacher was pretty glum.  She "retired" and relocated not long after.  

 

Sadly, we lost Hank a year and a half ago, one week before his son married... a schoolteacher.  I am very proud to say that Hank's son - my godson! - married a teacher with a remarkably sound set of realistic and conservative values, a Trump supporter, and a hell of a trap shooter.  In fact, my son gave her a Beretta shotgun for a wedding present!  This gal is a breath of fresh air, and it's refreshing to know that all may not be lost.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Glad your friend had a means at his disposal to combat the insanity.

 

Hank's son is one of the lucky ones. Several of the people in my group at work are married to teachers. The stories they tell about the insanity of the administration would keep a lot of people up at night.

 

Consider that the new crop of high school and elementary school teachers were indoctrinated in college when they got a teaching degree. The college rot that started in the 60's is currently infecting primary education.

This institutionalized indoctrination is why the radical left wants free college for the masses. :(

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

 

Have you seen what has happened to Michigan??? :(

In Mi were cursed with Wane Co “Detroit “ they are as corrupt as Chicago, always have been 

they have always cheated on the vote. They just did it excessively this time . Mi only has a few blue counties but they just happen to be the population centers . Same with Ill southern Ill is all conservative farm country, Chicago shafts the whole state 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

 

Dave, this problem starts well before college.  I've been downright shocked at things I've seen teachers - especially, but not limited to younger teachers - lay on elementary school kids. 

 

I think it was back in '94, my old pard Hank's son came home from school (first grade) one day upset.  When his parents asked what was bothering him, he said that in school that day during a lesson on "nature," the subject of eagles came up.  The teacher - well known to be a flaming liberal - told the class that the national bird was rare and endangered, so the young man eagerly raised is hand to tell her and the class that he and his dad had in fact seen many.  The teacher retorted than she was quite sure the kid most certainly had NOT really seen eagles, and if he had, his father would've just shot and killed them.  The kid was humiliated.

 

Well, Dad was not pleased, and presented himself to the school for discussions with the teacher and principal.  

 

At that time, Dad was personal friends with Bruce Thiesen, the then-current American Legion National Commander.  A phone call to Bruce and another visit with the principal, and a school assembly was scheduled.  Hank was introduced, and in turn introduced the National Commander.  Bruce addressed the assembled kids, staff, and teachers, and gave a nice speech... and at one point, said "When I was visiting with President Clinton and Secretary of the Interior Bruce Babbitt [:blink:] last week, we were so pleased to be able to talk about how the Eagle has made such a marvelous comeback..." followed by a comment or two about his old friend Hank and Hank's son having enjoyed watching the magnificent birds when on their mountain treks...  

 

Evidently, the teacher was pretty glum.  She "retired" and relocated not long after.  

 

Sadly, we lost Hank a year and a half ago, one week before his son married... a schoolteacher.  I am very proud to say that Hank's son - my godson! - married a teacher with a remarkably sound set of realistic and conservative values, a Trump supporter, and a hell of a trap shooter.  In fact, my son gave her a Beretta shotgun for a wedding present!  This gal is a breath of fresh air, and it's refreshing to know that all may not be lost.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That seems like some poor reasoning on the teacher’s part. In no way does something being rare or endangered even make it impossible to see it or even see it in higher numbers than average. Improbable doesn’t mean impossible. 
 

And that doesn’t even include the potential for the teacher to have dated information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.