SASS Wire Forum

WTB Annealing Machine

WTB Annealing Machine 

Looking at Bench Source etc. used  before new.

What have you got ???

Looking for one to buy, thanks

Thanks Smokey, I like the feeder idea.

I was thinking of the Bench Source as it would be able to do rimmed cases & also do from 25-20 WCF to .577 Snider.

• 2 weeks later...

btt, then again there also are electric ones

Salty,

that might be the way to go but it's on a steep hill.

BUT... not having to anneal outside in Arizona in the summer next to a flame does sound good.

What all are you doing with yours & did you get a feeder?

Grave Robber, 

Interesting & basic but a feeder would be handy.

Don't see much info on the web of anyone buying/using yet but sounds like they are just getting started.

Tucker,

Just for me, but thinking of big batches of say 1k + of  .44 Russian, .45 Colt etc, etc & then smaller amounts of rifle brass & for case forming.

25 minutes ago, Earl Brasse, SASS #3562 said:

Grave Robber, 

Interesting & basic but a feeder would be handy.

Don't see much info on the web of anyone buying/using yet but sounds like they are just getting started.

I built one similar to the on in the video GR posted. Works exceptionally well and will do a lot of brass in a short time. Cost me less than a hundred bucks.

One thing to note is that case feeders don't work very well if at all with rimmed cases.

GR thanks for the video. I'm looking to upgrade mine with some of the features in that video.

I did it el cheapo.  A cordless drill from harbor freight I wasn’t worried about  burning up running at low speed. Use a deep well socket.  Turn the case slowly in the flame of your torch so that it just starts to glow in the dark.  Not much to it.  As coffinmaker has posted it is mind numbing but it works to help seal straight walled cases for BP.  I tried to anneal my 45 colt brass for trail boss.  Didn’t care for it.  No real benefit and it seemed to make the extractor work harder to pull the case out of the chamber.  I anneal my 38s to use w/ APP.  Works like a charm.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, Earl Brasse, SASS #3562 said:

Salty,

that might be the way to go but it's on a steep hill.

BUT... not having to anneal outside in Arizona in the summer next to a flame does sound good.

What all are you doing with yours & did you get a feeder?

It is expensive, and I did not get the feeder. My main reason for getting it was safety, no open flame. Not to mention, there is no guess work in the process like a flame thrower model. I like the fact that I can use it anywhere in my house. You don't need the Auto Feeder, unless your reloading machine is full auto. I reload for myself and the AMP is perfect. Nothing wrong with any of the other machines mentioned above.

Archived