SASS Wire Forum

Moonrise

Subdeacon Joe

38 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Took this earlier with my new telescope and my iPhone. 335C459E-BFA5-4E70-AECB-28FF330FA96F.thumb.jpeg.fb4eca7e319bd4bc7b3c96b29758d647.jpeg

What kind of telescope? Do you have an attachment for your phone?

8 hours ago, DocWard said:

What kind of telescope? Do you have an attachment for your phone?

My telescope is a Gskyer 90600. 90mm objective lens 600mm focal length. I used the 25mm eyepiece lens with a 13% filter and it is still really bright to the naked eye. 

The phone mount is this one from Amazon:

Limited-time deal: Gosky Universal Cell Phone Adapter Mount - Compatible Binocular Monocular Spotting Scope Telescope Microscope-Fits almost all Smartphone on the Market -Record The Nature The World https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B013D2ULO6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_dlT1_41f7FbSN1M9EH?psc=1

It’s quite “fiddly” to get set up right or, perhaps, I am just inexperienced with it, but it is usable. You just have to play with it. 
That mount that Ace posted looks interesting. 

That image was the clearest focus I could get with the phone. I may be able to get clearer images. I will have to play around with the set up to see if there is a better way of mounting the bracket or aligning the phone. 

When I tried to enlarge the image by magnifying the phone screen it would black out on me as if the electronics in the phone’s optics would over saturate with over abundance of white light

8 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

Does that one have quick clamps or compression clamps for holding the phone and making adjustments? The one I have is all thumb screws and quite difficult to set up and align. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Sorry Joe. Didn’t mean to highjack your thread. 

I've said it before, I usually don't mind.  I realize that adult conversations wander and meander.  It's still somewhat related to the OP.

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Does that one have quick clamps or compression clamps for holding the phone and making adjustments? The one I have is all thumb screws and quite difficult to set up and align. 

It has both. Once it is adjusted to fit then the clamps are all that is used. 

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

It has both. Once it is adjusted to fit then the clamps are all that is used. 

Cool. Thank you. I will have to get one. 

Archived