SASS Wire Forum

Ice Fishing.

Raylan

Looks like I'm going to take up ice fishing this year. Always enjoyed fishing with the family in warm weather but was never really attracted to freezing my butt off on a frozen lake in Jan to go fishing in a hole cut in the ice. But come Jan 20th I will be ice fishing for the first time. Probably take all my guns out with me. Hope I don't have a tragic ice fishing accident.  

Kinda Rednecky but apparently you used to be able to hunt/fish on Lake Champlain here with a rifle.:D I was told by one hunter/fisherman 30-30's were the  way to go. Stand in the flooded waters on a step ladder and shoot 'em! Seem the concussion takes them out! Saw it the fishing book years ago, but not lately. Ya think someone might of been injured by a ricochet off the water?:o:FlagAm:

2 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Kinda Rednecky but apparently you used to be able to hunt/fish on Lake Champlain here with a rifle.:D I was told by one hunter/fisherman 30-30's were the  way to go. Stand in the flooded waters on a step ladder and shoot 'em! Seem the concussion takes them out! Saw it the fishing book years ago, but not lately. Ya think someone might of been injured by a ricochet off the water?:o:FlagAm:

Pike. With a heavy bullet. 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I always have trouble when I try to filet the ice.

I didn't think about the problem with filleting, but I was pretty sure that they was going to be real hard to fry.

Roll it in cornmeal and drop it in the hot grease? I don't think I would like to try that again.

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I didn't think about the problem with filleting, but I was pretty sure that they was going to be real hard to fry.

Roll it in cornmeal and drop it in the hot grease? I don't think I would like to try that again.

Take it to a State Fair. They can fry anything. ;)

Old went out I've fishing one fine January day. He came home at the end of the day and Lena asks him where all the fish are? One replies, silly woman. It took me all day to make a hole big enough to put the boat in. 

I'll probably be on the ice with the AIM this weekend.  I'm ambivalent about it.

I see that otto had a lot of fun with your post.

I figgered most of it out, but I can't understand what you are doing out on the ice with the American Indian movement :huh:

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

I figgered most of it out, but I can't understand what you are doing out on the ice with the American Indian movement :huh:

Perhaps Filling in the Holes ....

I once Drilled 75 hole in a morning, with my "Jiffy" ice auger ,,,, Couldn't find no indians<_<

Jabez Cowboy

23 hours ago, Alpo said:

Well I see your problem! You don't roll them in cornmeal. You swirl them in a Jack and Coke! Works much much better!

On 12/30/2020 at 7:46 AM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

My Dad and I would shoot alligator gar with a .22. Miss those times.

.......................................................... I probably would have missed too ....  :blush:

On 12/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, Alpo said:

I see that otto had a lot of fun with your post.

Was trying to figure out how he got dial up internet on the lake.  The American Indian Movement makes more sense, they dance every winter.

Archived