SASS Wire Forum

Covid vaccine

Tascosa, SASS# 24838

Although I'm a registered VA vet, am 78+ and have Type II diabetes, I have NOT been notified about availability of the vaccine by VA.  I normally don't have anything to do with VA except for my hearing aides, anyway.  Will probably wait for local pharmacy.

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Happier, Healthier and More Prosperous New Year!

I’m not in the VA system so no. I’m just concerned about my wife getting it ASAP.

My wife is a RN and she just texted me that they will be getting it on the 5th . She just got over the rona so she said she’s going to do some checking into if she’s going to get it or not . If I remember right I thought she’s said one of the Dr’s was recommending not getting the shot until 90 days after the rona . Don’t know if it’s from a she doesn’t need it basis or the possibility of a bad reaction 

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

My wife is a RN and she just texted me that they will be getting it on the 5th . She just got over the rona so she said she’s going to do some checking into if she’s going to get it or not . If I remember right I thought she’s said one of the Dr’s was recommending not getting the shot until 90 days after the rona . Don’t know if it’s from a she doesn’t need it basis or the possibility of a bad reaction 

You mean 90 days after she catches it? Huh?

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You mean 90 days after she catches it? Huh?

That’s what the Dr said . Like I said she plans on doing some investigation before the 5th , like I said don’t know if it’s based off the assumption that she’s already immune from having it ? She’s heard talk that health care workers may have to get vaccinated every 90 days . But that’s what’s bad about this whole situation, there’s so much misinformation out there and our governor here in Mi is doing allot of things that medically just don’t make sense . So I expect your mileage may vary from state to state 

1 hour ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

The local VA here in Amarillo notified me that I could expect to get the vaccine in a week or 2. Since I'm 83 I'm probably near the top after staff and hosp. cases.  Any other vets here been notified? 

We got the notice that we can expect the vaccine sometime during the first two weeks of January. 

I received a call from the company that supplies the machine that supplies my oxygen, that if I had any of their rented equipment not in use to call their office for a pickup. Apparently Washington is in need. Or perhaps California or New York .  

1 minute ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

We got the notice that we can expect the vaccine sometime during the first two weeks of January. 

I received a call from the company that supplies the machine that supplies my oxygen, that if I had any of their rented equipment not in use to call their office for a pickup. Apparently Washington is in need. Or perhaps California or New York .  

We had our normal flu shots in September I believe, or early October. 

Nothing in Missouri. I'm disabled vet, heart patient, COPD (Never smoked a day in my life) use c-pact, Type II. All I was given was a VA  Web site to follow updates.

Archived