SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a watchmaker

Fretless

I'm looking for a skilled and trusted watchmaker, somebody with experience working on old pocket watches.  Does anybody know such a person?

My pocket watch needs to be repaired.  It's close to 100 years old, and has great personal value to me.  This was my everyday carry, and I would like to go back to that.  Every time I pull out my cell phone just to check the time, it hurts my heart a little bit.

Yo-Ho-De-O Fretless there are two I know here in Az that maybe can help you and or know some one in your area. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Two numbers for yah pilgrim: Both area  (623)399-9978  and  (623) 977-6202.

Hope this helps yah pilgrim and Happy New Year to yah.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

6 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

I understand Walker Colt in VA is a pocket watch guru.

I will second Walker Colt.  He tuned up a watch for me some years ago and did an excellent job. 

H. Lorist in Jackson CA is a quality craftsman. I was told he was grumpy. I had no problems. I took a carriage clock to him that had been fixed in Sacramento (no one locally would touch it) and the mainspring broke again, just out of warranty. :rolleyes: H. Lorist FIXED it, didn't just reattach the mainspring.

I worked for a Swiss watchmaker, clock repairman for five years and "I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two." ;) I wouldn't take a Timex for a battery to the Swiss watchmaker's son. I trust Mr. Lorist, 209-223-4777.

Archived