SASS Wire Forum

Help Removing SG Buttstock

Tequila Shooter

@Garrison Joe, SASS #60708

You’re right, I guess it is pretty obvious that I haven’t done this before.  The lack of replacement parts is a concern.  Again you’re right about the auto safety, it’s very basic and as simple as cutting a little off the end of the pin that gets pushed back to engage the safety (so easy a caveman can do it).  

I’m going to have to think about a smith, I’m pretty handy and not afraid to try something new, if I’d done this once I’d feel better about it, or even if I saw someone do it.  You’ve given me somethings to think about, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

@Garrison Joe, SASS #60708

You’re right, I guess it is pretty obvious that I haven’t done this before.  The lack of replacement parts is a concern.  Again you’re right about the auto safety, it’s very basic and as simple as cutting a little off the end of the pin that gets pushed back to engage the safety (so easy a caveman can do it).  

I’m going to have to think about a smith, I’m pretty handy and not afraid to try something new, if I’d done this once I’d feel better about it, or even if I saw someone do it.  You’ve given me somethings to think about, thanks.

If it is similar to a Stoeger, then do not cut the pin that pushes the safety. Remove the pivot pin and rocker and put it in a safe place so you can reinstall it whenever you wish. 

stoeger-action.jpg

@Ace_of_Hearts

the auto safety on this gun is even simpler, it’s just a long pin that connects to the safety lever.  When you move the lever lock and the block slides back it hits the pin and pushes the lever to Safe.  By trimming ⅛ inch or so off the end of the pin it’ll stop the pin from engaging the block.  Thanks for thinking of me, advise is always welcome.

Archived