SASS Wire Forum

Category question

I've read the rules several times. I think I know the answer but want to be sure,

Can some one shooting Senior or elder statesman or cattle baron shoot one handed in a stage or 2? 

I know he can't shoot gun fighter. but if he wanted to shoot a stage duelist?

AGE BASED CATEGORIES

Age based categories are offered to allow all participants to compete amongst their peers.

Age based categories carry the following guidelines:

- May use any main match revolver.

- Revolvers may be shot in any SASS legal shooting styleEXCEPT Gunfighter.

SHB p.5

I have not yet become reconciled to the unfairness of banning gunfighters from age based categories. Decades ago, there was a lot of bad feeling about gunfighters. I guess that's residual effect of the gun control mentality. Now that EOT offers El Rey (over 85), I'd sure like to enter it in the last Founders Ranch match.

17 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

SHB p.5

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for this?  Is it because gunfighter is a separate category already, or is there some other reason?  Asking for a friend

18 hours ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

I have not yet become reconciled to the unfairness of banning gunfighters from age based categories. Decades ago, there was a lot of bad feeling about gunfighters. I guess that's residual effect of the gun control mentality. Now that EOT offers El Rey (over 85), I'd sure like to enter it in the last Founders Ranch match.

Age based Gunfighter Categories are not banned. Many clubs offer age based Gunfighter Categories. 

The draw back is that you cannot shoot two handed (squaw grip) when signed up for a Gunfighter Category.

If your statement is meant to read "Why is Gunfighter Style banned from strictly age based categories" that is a different question.

Why is Gunfighter style banned from Gunfighter style?

I have no problem at many club matches but EOT and some state championships are another matter.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:20 PM, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

You can do just that at EOT. All you have to do is select it from the options when you register. Regular or BP:

erg.png.cd51c62c58dcc1917075c12ab4ed71f0.png

https://www.sassnet.com/mercantile/sass-end-of-trail-2020-signup.php

Archived