SASS Wire Forum

Anyone know anything about these Winchester #11 Magnum Black Powder Percussion

So all the Cap and Ball discussions on the wire got me to start wanting to play with mine. I do have 3-400 Remington #10 caps but wanted to save them for big shoots. Drove all around looking for caps, Only ones I could find are Winchester #11 Magnum Black Powder Percussion. I have never heard of these before, does anyone have any experience with them?  CCI #10 caps don't fit my Silx cones. 

Rafe

Sorry Rafe, But Ima dry hole.  I have never even seen Winchester #11 MBP Caps.  CC#11 will fit your Slix.  No clue what Winchester #11s will fit.

Maybe Prairie Dawg (My Hero) can chime in here.

• Like 1

Yeah I was also looking for CCI#11s but dry hole when I saw these! I know magnum primers work when I load my suppository loads. But have never seen or heard of these! I bought a couple of tins but was wondering if they affected pressures, I load 30 grn. black in my pistols. If nothing else they should work for my 50 cal Hawkins. 

Rafe

Sent you a messenger note about this subject

Hi Rafe:

I've never used them, but this is what I have heard.

• They are very hot & were designed to use with substitutes, like APP & Triple-7
  • They do not fit Treso or slix nipples very well -- too loose & tend to fall off when the gun is cocked.

I've never seen any dimensions, so I can't say which nipples they fit, or even if they were made for use in revolvers.
Good Luck!

--Dawg

Please let us know how they work.

What nipples are on your guns?

Thanks

--Dawg

• Like 1