SASS Wire Forum

Story Time

Years ago, and in another galaxie, I worked in a Bank in Detroit. Well, one pre Christmas day, one of the girls that worked in my section,

came in and introduced her boyfriend. Seems he and another fellow were starting out in their own business. They were both Chocolatiers

and just starting out. He brought some samples of his work and passed the box around. I took a sample and popped it into the pie hole. 

When I bit down on it, my mouth lit up like the Christmas tree in the corner. It was a chocolate covered cherry bathed in very nice brandy. 

Never forgot that moment. Never did find out how the business went. But if it didn't fly, the world is less because of it's absence.  

'

My Mom loved the Cella’s chocolate covered cherries in syrup. Whenever I found them I would buy them and ship them to her. One day here in SoCal I found chocolate covered cherries in a chocolate shop that were handmade and they had some type of liqueur in them. I sent her 2 pounds. They were fantastic! I never found them again. She raved about them. The shop only carried them one Christmas. 

Archived