SASS Wire Forum

Going rate for black powder ammo

Trigger Mike

I have a few hundred rounds of blackpowder ammo from GOEX and great basin.  45 long colt and 44.40.  I also have GOEX 12 guage ammo.  What is a fair price per box ?  How bad will shipping cost be?  It is just sitting there.  I may keep one box or two of the 44.40 just because I have an original 1873 rifle, but doubt I shoot the rest.

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I have a few hundred rounds of blackpowder ammo from GOEX and great basin.  45 long colt and 44.40.  I also have GOEX 12 guage ammo.  What is a fair price per box ?  How bad will shipping cost be?  It is just sitting there.  I may keep one box or two of the 44.40 just because I have an original 1873 rifle, but doubt I shoot the rest.

Here is a link to site that sells BP ammo:  https://www.buffaloarms.com/obsolete-hard-to-find-ammunition/black-powder-ammo

The good news is that there does not appear to be a HAZMAT fee for shipping loaded ammo.  The bad news is shipping appears to be at least $18-$20  for one box and it's unlikely anybody who shoots BP on a regular basis will pay you what you paid for it, much less the going rate.

That link helps.  $46 for 44.40 and $42 for 45lc.  On an earlier post i had offered $36 a box for 45lc so that was reasonable.   I could ask for 41 a box and include shipping in that price and be ok.  Probably ask for something lower for the 12 gauge

For me the going rate is about 6 hours/1000 rounds :)

I need to count out how much 12 gauge as I got a pm about it.   We had a busy day.  My son had surgery today.  He did well but the dr said it was worse than he thought and found a bone fragment.  Dr said he wants him in a sling longer than anticipated and no sports of any kind for at least 6 months.  Said he didn't have the body for college football when high school football was mentioned.   I'm going to use that to keep him out of that sport.

Archived