SASS Wire Forum

Membership renewal?

Matthew Duncan

Received my SASS membership renewal in the mail, $65.  Wish I went life 21 years ago but with four mouths to feed, mortgage, car and general life I didn't have the money.  21 years ago I'm thinking membership was $25 or $30.   Last few years I've debated, specially since it's been a few years since I've attend a State or above match.  BALDERDASH!  I've made up my mind!  Went online I paid for a life membership.  Assuming no rate increases in the the next 12.3 years I'll break even when I'm 79 years old.  Merry Christmas to the Staff at SASS headquarters!

So in the next years you see me tottering around at a match with 5 or 6 minute stage times you know I'm doing my best to get to my membership break even point!

Good for you Matthew Duncan, SASS is hurting as much as most of us and more than some of us. No income from major matches and a lot of expenses had already gone out for EOT in 2020.

If you dont think you get your monies worth just think of the friends you have made, to me that makes up for any monies I have paid over the years.

I'm too old to go Life! I'll just renew the yearly as I always have even though I probably won't go to any state or regional shoots either and if I do it's one less thing to worry about!;)

I only shot 3 or 4 matches last year, none of them were big matches.   

I still felt like I got my moneys worth.

I intend to pay my yearly dues again without knowing how many matches I will be able to attend.

Heck, I'm just proud to tell people that I'm a member of SASS.

..........Widder

I joined in 2002 and several years later SASS offered a discount for Life Membership (I think it was $250.00) and I signed up for life. 15 (or so) years later, I have paid myself back and then some. Glad I did it then for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Florida State match in March.

Get you out of the cold for a spell.

And south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

I could drop the wife off in Georgia (grandkids) and head on down to Florida.  My turn to spoil the G-kids on the return trip....

58 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I could drop the wife off in Georgia (grandkids) and head on down to Florida.  My turn to spoil the G-kids on the return trip....

Just saying...

Put that Life (STYLE) Membership to work.

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Heck, at 79 you will be right in the thick of things down in Florida! :P

And besides, you shoot faster in warm weather!  At least that's what Waimea always tells me. :rolleyes:

We haven't shot any State matches in years, but I renew all 4 of us every year, and proud to do it.

The only Life Membership I have is the NRA, and I had to do the 25.00/month deal to do it. My wife and kids are just yearly members. I figure if they want a life membership they can buy their own, might mean more to them that way.

I am happy I decided to go life. No more worries about not getting my membership dues in. I joined in '96, paid my yearly dues and just last year when SASS offered the Life payment plan I jumped on it. Sure I may not shoot as much as the other pard, but the people I have met, the times of fun I've had...it's all been worth it.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Got an e-mail yesterday concerning my membership renewal.  I briefly thought about going with life, but went with a yearly.  Renewed mine and the wife's.  I haven't shot a match since last January and not sure when I'll be home to shoot another, but I do plan on making it happen.  One thing being over here has shown me is that I need to decide what I want to spend my time on and who I want to spend my time with when I get back.

I also wish I'd done the Life Membership 20 years ago.  Just did the math and I'd break even at the age of 93!  If I lasted that long I'd need a motorized gun cart I could ride between stages.  I'm sure a Sundial would be available to time stages.

Archived