SASS Wire Forum

Where to get wad finger for Mec

Bullett Sass 19707

It seems Mec has discontinued the red wad fingers that my Mec loaders use.  Where can I get some or is there a substitute for them?   I checked Mec, Bolistic products, and many others no go.  One on ebay is up to $20.00 with shipping.  This is for 12 ga.  Bullett 19707

I have a 761R grabber,  700 versamec and 600 jr and yes I have been to all those sites noted by Griff and no go.   They have changed the wad fingers to a different one and they don't fit the older machines.   There are no part numbers because the item is not listed anymore.  The number listed by GS is probably the one.  The same wad fingers fit many of the 12ga mec loaders.  Thanks Bullett 19707

1 minute ago, Bullett Sass 19707 said:

I have a 761R grabber,  700 versamec and 600 jr and yes I have been to all those sites noted by Griff and no go.   They have changed the wad fingers to a different one and they don't fit the older machines.   There are no part numbers because the item is not listed anymore.  The number listed by GS is probably the one.  The same wad fingers fit many of the 12ga mec loaders.  Thanks Bullett 19707

Actually, they are listed.  Under the 600 Jr, they are item 22-22E IIRC, for the Grabber item #s 86-86D,   You're right they don't list them anymore for 12GA in the pre-1982 600Jr or the 700 Versamec.  But... if you call them, I believe they will tell you how to update to the later style wad fingers.  When I ordered mine they still have several of the old style.  I don't know how many I have left of my spares.  

I asked about the 761 R Grabber and was emailed this

The 8377 wad guide clamp and 830012 wad guide is the

replacement.  

I looked at the items and noticed they have a 100 before the above listed numbers and total cost of the two is $10.42 without shipping.  Bullett 19707

I have an older grabber, was in same boat, broken wad fingers, they sent me newer style all plastic wad guide and some metal clamps to update press, works fine and now if I break fingers is a simple replacement with current parts.

15 hours ago, Dakota Rambler said:

I have an older grabber, was in same boat, broken wad fingers, they sent me newer style all plastic wad guide and some metal clamps to update press, works fine and now if I break fingers is a simple replacement with current parts.

I used the MEC Jr. with the red wad fingers for a long time and they required regular replacement.  I now run the MEC Sizemaster with the black black fingers and they never require replacement.  Do the above.

Fordyce

I used to have 3 med Jrs but am down to one, as I prefer my Texan progressive. So I have a new in bag 12 ga red wad fingers for cost of shipping for anyone who needs it, with Bullett SASS getting first dibs. I bought it years ago but never broke any so it has gone unused.

Thank very much and yes let me know the cost and I will send you the fund.  I will pay postage and would be happy to pay for the part also.  Thank You very much and please PM me with the address other info.   Again Thank You very much.  Bullett 19707

Archived