SASS Wire Forum

Santa came a bit late.

Captain Bill Burt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

With those pistols, you might have to change your alias to 'Mr. Badddd  Asssszzz'.   

Only if I can hit something with them. I will test them after setup Sunday. It will be interesting to see if I can hit rifle targets from the hip with them.

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I went on GB and bought this 1851 Navy in .44 to match the one my dad gave me.  It's factory nickeled and engraved, so not a perfect match, but it's a Sheriff's model and a pretty gun.

Navy.jpg.f14ecea993601be68fd6a4b3892ab980.jpg

If thats a Pietta its polished steel, not nickeled. Enjoy!

Just now, Captain Bill Burt said:

It is a Pietta.  It may be polished steel.  The GB ad said factory nickel plate and engraving.  I'll be happy either way!!

Yeah, I bought a pair that look just like that from Prairie Dawg; they are some real nice shooters. Colorado Coffinmaker worked them over for him. EMF sells them; polished steel on their site.

Enough already!!  Get them dirty at the range.  Shoot at paper and see where they hit.  Learn to clean and lube them.  

We need range reports!!  :D

10 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Lucky you, both because you still have a father, mine passed in 1989 at the tender age of 57, and also because you now have new to you iron.  Enjoy them both.

I try!  My dad has always been a recluse and the older he gets the more reclusive he becomes.  I tried to get him to go fishing with me while we were there, but no luck.  The same with shooting, that's a no go for him.

Anyway, I'm back home and I'm about to start giving these puppies a good cleaning.  Once I finish with the 1860 I'm going to post it on for sale in the Classifieds.  

Can anyone give me an idea what the 1860 is worth?  I'm seeing opening bids for new ones on GB in the low to mid $300s.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of the value of the shoulder stock?  There is one for sale on GB for $349, but that seems high to me. 

Hmm are you thinking what I am thinking Tyrel and Tequila?? Tennessee State could get even more interesting if all us guys get these Cappers figured out.

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Lol! I don’t see me shooting Cap and Ball at a State Match unless it was the BP side match. 

Courage!  You can do it!

And revel in the sense of accomplishment!!

Bringing this back for an update. I got a buyer for the 1860 Army, which is nice.

I purchased the Navy pictured above for $345 delivered. It comes with a capper, powder flask, extra nipples, and two tins of caps (not sure how he’s getting away with shipping those). Should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Is that a decent deal?

I can’t believe someone on GB would sell it that cheap.  You got a deal my friend.  @Barkeep Casey Can’t speak for Tyrel but I’m planning on Frontiersman for TN, c’mon and we could get an all C&B posse. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I can’t believe someone on GB would sell it that cheap.  You got a deal my friend.  @Barkeep Casey Can’t speak for Tyrel but I’m planning on Frontiersman for TN, c’mon and we could get an all C&B posse. :ph34r:

I'm on the fence. Because it's my state I'll probably stick to FCGF(gotta defend my buckle, lol).  AL State in April I'm more likely to shoot Frontiersman. 

On 12/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Thank you! I may have to actually start shooting the black stuff now.

I have several BP revolvers, Colt's and Remington's. They are hoot to shoot. 

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm on the fence. Because it's my state I'll probably stick to FCGF(gotta defend my buckle, lol).  AL State in April I'm more likely to shoot Frontiersman. 

When I read that part this is what I first thought of (turn on your sound)

On 12/30/2020 at 7:59 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I went on GB and bought this 1851 Navy in .44 to match the one my dad gave me.  It's factory nickeled and engraved, so not a perfect match, but it's a Sheriff's model and a pretty gun.

Navy.jpg.f14ecea993601be68fd6a4b3892ab980.jpg

I may be up thru GA next weekend... I can pick 'em up and get all those scratches off 'em! ;):P  Might take a few months...

So I've been thinking.  Dangerous I know.  My new 1851 is scheduled to be delivered today and I can hardly wait.

Anyhow, I'm thinking buy another 1851, polished steel sheriff's model like the one that's coming in today,  and send both off to have Kirst Konverters installed so they can shoot .45 colt cartridges, BP of course.

I think that would be a nice looking set of revolvers and very appropriate for black powder.

28 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

So I've been thinking.  Dangerous I know.  My new 1851 is scheduled to be delivered today and I can hardly wait.

Anyhow, I'm thinking buy another 1851, polished steel sheriff's model like the one that's coming in today,  and send both off to have Kirst Konverters installed so they can shoot .45 colt cartridges, BP of course.

I think that would be a nice looking set of revolvers and very appropriate for black powder.

You ought to call Curly Bill Kelly and have him do that; he's the best! I've got his number somewhere, but I bet @Widder, SASS #59054 has it handier.

59 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

That would be wussin' out from Frontiersman... :ph34r::ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

So rather than have the Kirst people do it go with Curly Bill?

Yes, because he'll set them up to do both.

Send me a PM and I'll say a little more(your inbox is full).

Archived