SASS Wire Forum

Gun Belt Accessories

Texas ShaDi

Is there any type of hook that will clip onto a gun belt to hang stuff from. I have a knife but would like something else.

Thanks for any help.

Many folks around here fashion a hook out of the handle from an old silver spoon.

--Dawg

11 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Many folks around here fashion a hook out of the handle from an old silver spoon.

--Dawg

I use one of these to hang my loading strip from.

Choctaw

I made a dummy cartridge then drilled and tapped the primer pocket for a machine thread eyelet. I ran the string of my shell bag through my loading strip and the eyelet and now everything is convenient to reach.

20200511_075910.thumb.jpg.f25fcd43d1d7d62577eafe000224262c.jpg

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I made a dummy cartridge then drilled and tapped the primer pocket for a machine thread eyelet. I ran the string of my shell bag through my loading strip and the eyelet and now everything is convenient to reach.

20200511_075910.thumb.jpg.f25fcd43d1d7d62577eafe000224262c.jpg

Man that is a good idea.

Hi Texas,

Check out J. Hornaday.  

He,  Six String Jimmy,  sells a star concho belt hook that's handy for hanging loading strips and other stuff from.  I have used these for years.

They clip on your belt and stay put.  Use lock-tite on the concho threads.  

I hope this has helped.  Happy New Year!

Mo

I just stick the loading strips in the top of my boot, the empty brass bag gets tucked in the back of my gun belt until needed.Less of a chance to catch on other things and cause a problem.

21 hours ago, Slow Mo Dern said:

Hi Texas,

Check out J. Hornaday.  

He,  Six String Jimmy,  sells a star concho belt hook that's handy for hanging loading strips and other stuff from.  I have used these for years.

They clip on your belt and stay put.  Use lock-tite on the concho threads.  

I hope this has helped.  Happy New Year!

Mo

Do you have a picture of one that you could post.

Sassy and I like the spoons for a place to hang our Jax canvas bags.

20201227_173320.jpg

20201227_173518.jpg

7 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

20201227_173320.jpg

20201227_173518.jpg

Thanks Billy this looks very simple and will work perfectly. 

I don’t want anything hanging off my gunbelt when I’m shooting. It just gets in the way, put your brass bag on the unloading table. Leave you cartridge box or loading block on the loading table out of the way and collect it later. 

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I don’t want anything hanging off my gunbelt when I’m shooting. It just gets in the way, put your brass bag on the unloading table. Leave you cartridge box or loading block on the loading table out of the way and collect it later. 

Watched a shooter carry a metal folding chair from table to table to table one time. You had to start sitting in the chair, stand up and begin shooting the stage. Worked great if you weren't wearing a Bowie knife on the back of your gun belt. Pretty humorous if I do say so myself.

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

When I got all done putting knives on my belt there wasn't much room for anything else.

W,

you got to do all you can do to at least look good.  Besides "cut'em" knife, screw knife, and spoon hook for canvas cartridge bag, I have leather pocket watch holder.....and still room for two holsters.  :rolleyes:  They tell me I look good, well, at least Sassy does.

bb

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

When I got all done putting knives on my belt there wasn't much room for anything else.

Sadly, not only can I fit all that, but shotgun slide, badge holder,knife....

and probably an accordian and the monkey seat to play it...:(

44 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Sadly, not only can I fit all that, but shotgun slide, badge holder,knife....

and probably an accordian and the monkey seat to play it...:(

Some have 30" to work with, others have 50".

On 12/28/2020 at 12:54 PM, doc roy l. pain said:

Do you have a picture of one that you could post.

Hi Doc,

I'll get a picture for you when my step daughter, Speedy Edie,  gets home.  

These gamer hooks are sold at J. Hornaday Dry Goods online;  the folks that make the "cooler cowboy shirt."  Six String Jimmy is a good man to shop with.

This item is called a "Gamer Hook."  It is originally made to fit in the back V-notch of a pair of trousers between the suspender buttons.

It lets your gun belt hang lower and also holds up your gun belt.

I use the "Gamer Hook" positioned on my gun belt so I can hang my leather or canvas loading strip on the protruding round star concho.

It has never fallen off my belt.

I'll post the picture from the website if we can.

Mo

This is the photograph.  The Gamer Hook is shown on the upper right side holding up the gun belt. 

image.png.79bfb3ea7bd6d5e8b0f0fd1ed5860d0d.png

On 12/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

20201227_173320.jpg

20201227_173518.jpg

I saw one of those behind the dumpster with a syringe next to it. Didn't pick it up to use on my gun rig.

12 hours ago, Assassin said:

I saw one of those behind the dumpster with a syringe next to it. Didn't pick it up to use on my gun rig.

A,

You need to stop hanging out at those dumpsters.  Dives maybe, but dumpsters just ain't right.

As I wear a repro (my own) M1874 Dyer pouch on my gun belt, my shotgun shells and if needed a few spare .44-40 rounds go in there.  I don't keep the fired shotshells, so they stay on the ground for anyone else. Fired brass gets dumped into the pouch.  At the loading bench, I simply bring up a plastic pistol cartridge box and leave it there until after I shoot.  Then I go back, pick up the box and "reload" the box with the fired brass.  I do have cartridge loops on my gun belt, but they are for .45-70 rounds, and I don't really load the belt, although it would keep .44-40 or .45 LC loosely, if I wanted them.

Happy New Years, Pards!

Stay well and safe!

Archived