SASS Wire Forum

Something New to Watch for

Texas Lizard

I have had to watch out for high winds and fires in my area of Orange County...Now something new is added...Mountain Lions or at least one showing up in my area...Someone was wondering about there cat that went missing on Friday night...Not normal for there cat...While looking for the little thing they came across a mountain lion...Animal control called in...Drug the pussycat and take him somewhere else....Cat still missing or is part of history...Not sure....

Texas Lizard

Now wondering what could be left to see here...

12 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I wonder how far they go to relocate the kitten.

In some places around here they relocate bears...The bears seem to beat the choppers back...Kitty well, he could become a rug....If he hangs around to close...

Texas Lizard

Mountain lions are regular visitors in Western Washington. A few years back they had one over near Magnolia that had been seen several times over a short time period. That was on Puget Sound in the middle of Seattle. 

The more people move into the wilds and establish neighborhoods, villages, and cities, the animals are pushed into the Urban area.

We saw that with coyotes, Bears, Cougers, and Wolves. Two things I do know. First of all, critters gotta eat. Second, little domestic critters seem to make a nice snack for wild critters. 

I am not quite certain how people will react when the threat becomes big enough to distract them from their sense of security.  

Had cougars, bears, and bobcats all over the Pomona-Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga area for the entire 40 years I lived there.  I've seen bobcats within twenty yards on a major highway just east of LAX, and others in Seal Beach, Long Beach, and down around Oceanside.  Two women were killed and one partially eaten north of Ontario in the foothills about seven years ago.

Archived