SASS Wire Forum

Cabelas BP guns

Bullett Sass 19707

I was looking at the Cabelas web sight and almost all the BP revolvers are not available.   Are they just sold out of them or do you have to go to the store to buy them.   I have not purchased one since they sold out.  Thanks Bullett 19707

19 minutes ago, Bullett Sass 19707 said:

I was looking at the Cabelas web sight and almost all the BP revolvers are not available.   Are they just sold out of them or do you have to go to the store to buy them.   I have not purchased one since they sold out.  Thanks Bullett 19707

A few years I just ordered some online and they were delivered to my house, I guess even C and B guns are selling out now.

Randy

I was checking prices just yesterday, and it's not just Cabela's that is out of stock, nobody has them.

I've got three nearly new-in-box Pietta 1858's I've been thinking of selling, and with none available, now might just be the time. ;) There are current Gunbroker bids as high as $350 + $35 shipping for NIB ones.  :blink:

I was watching for a pair of 1860 to fill the Slim Jim holsters I'd picked up.  I was watching Cabela's,  MidwayUSA,  etc, etc, and all were out of stock.  So went to where we'd seen a pair and drove the hardest bargain we could. Looks like we lucked out. 

239956068_Pietta1860holstersDec2020.jpg.7401d5d58c7b0e89aa7a2e15cee1879a.jpg

8 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

Covid hit Italy hard due to a delay in action.

Italy was one of the very first countries (after China) with a large number of - then quite unknown - Covid cases; claiming delay in action seems inappropriate to me. Other countries had had much more time to act and prepare until arrival of the virus but didn't use it and kept playing it down.

Equanimous Phil

13 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

Italy was one of the very first countries (after China) with a large number of - then quite unknown - Covid cases; claiming delay in action seems inappropriate to me. Other countries had had much more time to act and prepare until arrival of the virus but didn't use it and kept playing it down.

Equanimous Phil

All I know is the Uberti carbine I've had on order since March still hasn't landed in the USA.

I've been tracking the pietta pistols at cabs for a while and you have to search by store, they don't have enough to keep them in stocks at all locations but most of the stores will have one or two cap and ball revolvers of some type,  one store might have an 8 in 51, another might have a sherrif's 58.  As long as you aren't too picky, you can probably find something at a bass pro or cabelas near you.   Also when you do the store search it will give you results for both cabelas and bass pro.

Buying firearms in short inventory times (like now) usually leads me to not being very satisfied with what I end up with.   Thus, during this time period, I'm not doing any firearms purchasing.   You may be easier to please than I am.  I really do believe we will recover back to being able to buy recreational firearms pretty quickly, once folks get back to work.  Defense firearms - that may take a bit longer.

Good luck, GJ

10 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Buying firearms in short inventory times (like now) usually leads me to not being very satisfied with what I end up with.   Thus, during this time period, I'm not doing any firearms purchasing.   You may be easier to please than I am.  I really do believe we will recover back to being able to buy recreational firearms pretty quickly, once folks get back to work.  Defense firearms - that may take a bit longer.

Good luck, GJ

I think you are right.  I have several gift cards saved and thought that would be a nice thing to spend them on, but I will wait for a while.  Bullett 19707

1 hour ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Good luck, GJ

We've been doing the opposite buy buying when the opportunity comes up.  Converting old fashion coupons with pictures of dead presidents into shooting iron.  But we're not shopping for TactiCOOL or Tupperware guns. 

If I continue with the BP craze, my next line of progression was to get a couple of new cart converters in .38, are these still available?  I still want one or two Walkers at some point but that is sort of on the back burner for right now, a good hammer coach gun has gone to the front of the line for the time being!!

Archived