SASS Wire Forum

Santa...

Well, so how'd Santa treat y'all?  Any goodies waiting under the tree this mornin'??  :)

ctree_3a.gif

Santa gave me the newest Wheeler Walker JR DVD '

Santa little helper gave me lap dance while watching 

But is was  better to see the look on her grandson's face  when he opened his new 10-22

the take down box is short so his brat sister told him  no way he getting a gun 

Had a nice get-together last night with my kids and grandson. My grandson is about a year and a half old. Fun stuff.

I got sound bars for both my TVs. I can hear them now!!!

My brother in law and his daughter made me a sign for up to the cabin. I'll mount it in front of the old foundation.

Just a great day all around.

IMG_20201225_112810856.jpg

Got a "Guardman" multi  tool card.  Little knife, a fire stick, cap lifter/can opener, a few other functions.   The compass is about 87 degrees off, though.

Also a cookbook of recipes from all around our republic. 

My blushing bride got some hummingbird earrings (I was smart enough to tell her "I want to get you some hummingbird earrings,  will you pick some out?") And a laptop. 

20201225_150610.jpg

20201225_125425.jpg

4 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

3 discs fused in my neck and pain levels that meds are not enough hope in day or two 

Sorry to hear you're hurting, but still praying for you here.

Here we had family over yesterday and today. Kids happy with gifts and games, lots of good food and laughter. My niece got my wife a couple of small plaques that almost made her cry. All in all a very nice Christmas.

Got odds and ends trinkets from my kids and grandson.....and a three pound box of Idle Isle Almond Nuget Balls from a place up in Utah. I don't need anything so I get fun stuff.

Had a man call me first thing this morning and accepted my offer for a 1952 vintage Colt Detective special in near new condition, a belt holster and a "Dick Tracey shoulder holster, and two boxes of ammo.  I pick it up when he gets back in town in another two weeks.  This was made before the barrel shroud, over sized grips and other "improvements".  Just for the sake of nostalgia I'm going to order a Tyler T-grip and trigger shoe for it.

6 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Cashmere sweater, fav perfume, cozy blanket.

Something good...?  :) 

Floris Spiced BergamotCaron Fleurs de rocailles?   :rolleyes:

I got a few cool things, but the very coolest thing is my new telescope. It’s a Gskyer 90600. It’s a nice “beginner’s” telescope. My wife said she felt bad that she couldn’t give it to me the other night when Jupiter and Saturn were in convergence. It was hidden at our daughters house. 

3F99FB3E-4951-4775-9C03-7771B6DFBC87.thumb.jpeg.1efebbc7fa850bfa7837a1f4ac6fdb26.jpeg

I got a few neat gifts but this one was the best. 

6 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

3 discs fused in my neck and pain levels that meds are not enough hope in day or two 

Sorry you’re still hurting, my friend. I hope things get better tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Sorry to hear you're hurting, but still praying for you here.

Here we had family over yesterday and today. Kids happy with gifts and games, lots of good food and laughter. My niece got my wife a couple of small plaques that almost made her cry. All in all a very nice Christmas.

Sorry about complaining on a thread that should be more fun. 

1 hour ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I got two shattered ankles for my birthday once. It's all good. Things get better!

Got a new bow. Well, I bought that on my own.

A watch

A photo album. I ask for one for my birthdays and Christmas and anniversaries. These are more important to me than anything.

Flashlight I can carry on my belt. Its a nice Bushnell brand one. Very bright

A "Guess what chicken butt shirt"

John Wayne book

AXE bath products

Bunch of other small stuff that was really nice.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I got a few cool things, but the very coolest thing is my new telescope. It’s a Gskyer 90600. It’s a nice “beginner’s” telescope. My wife said she felt bad that she couldn’t give it to me the other night when Jupiter and Saturn were in convergence. It was hidden at our daughters house. 

3F99FB3E-4951-4775-9C03-7771B6DFBC87.thumb.jpeg.1efebbc7fa850bfa7837a1f4ac6fdb26.jpeg

Oh yeah!!!

3 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

You are among friends, we are here for you.

We are having to wait until January 1.  We had to fly to Columbus to take care of a family matter.  I have already given my wife her main gift, which is a purse.  She has already given me the framing of my SAR certificate.  There are some odds and ends to trade when we get home.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Nice cabinet and chair!

Got a top shelf cheese slicing set.  I’ll be buying blocks of good cheeses from now on!!

Sister-in-law got me a new wire tie gun and a huge bundle of assorted wire ties for the shop.  With three “complete car” wiring jobs in the shop, this was phenomenal!!

She also got me a new pair of first class house shoes!

There were three major parts deliveries!!  Stuff for the Lockjaw engine project, suspension parts for the Model T project, and gaskets for the 366 truck engine project!

Finally, getting back on both feet with shoes and socks!!  No casts! No bandages!!  I’m learning to walk without the cane!  Gonna’ try to go shoot the New Years monthly match at Wartrace next Saturday, weather permitting!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, y’all!!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A case for my pointy things. :)

181C177E-B13C-4F21-B0C0-C66BD2C51584.jpeg

It appears to have a couple open slots... :D

Second row up on the far right. I have one of those knives. I got my first one in the Navy. It was an issue item shipboard if a Div. Officer would sign off on the requisition. My DO did and I got one. The other side should have “U.S.” log on it. 
Anyway, I gave the one I was issued to a young lady that joined the Navy nearly 5 years ago. She carries it on duty to this day. Proud of her. She’s an Aviation Boatswain’s Mate. She re-upped last year. 
I bought a replacement for it a couple of years ago. 

5 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Dear Perro,

You are not a complainer. Now if you posted complaints frequently, maybe you should apologize. As I see it, your post was describing something that was greatly affecting you. As friends, we are concerned for your well being.

I hope your pain is lessened soon and you can enjoy the new year pain free.

Sincerely,

Allie

5 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Spent last Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, and my birthday in the hospital!!  I can relate!!

We got your back!!  Good times to come!!

20 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Dang!  You were so naughty that Santa bypassed the coal and sent Krampus to deliver corporal punishment!

Take care,  follow the orders of the nurses and physical therapists.

I helped get all the Christmas stuff cleaned up today. Filled my brides bird feeders and moved the tree out near them for cover. We we're alone so I tried to be be..nevermind. She sent me out deer hunting! Got to remember that technique! Last chance for a nice doe before I start ice fishing. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It appears to have a couple open slots... :D

Second row up on the far right. I have one of those knives. I got my first one in the Navy. It was an issue item shipboard if a Div. Officer would sign off on the requisition. My DO did and I got one. The other side should have “U.S.” log on it. 
Anyway, I gave the one I was issued to a young lady that joined the Navy nearly 5 years ago. She carries it on duty to this day. Proud of her. She’s an Aviation Boatswain’s Mate. She re-upped last year. 
I bought a replacement for it a couple of years ago. 

Utility Knife, Camillus model 1760.  MIL-K 818. The same type knife was made in WW2 by the Kingston Co for the marine Corps. I believe this one is dated 67. We commonly called them Demo Knives in the Army because they were issued with demolition kits. Used to cut fuses, det cord and poke a blasting cap hole in a block of C4. A great all purpose pocket knife.

I got a new set of head phones. Wife went over kill on them, but I'll use them anyway. Otherwise, nothing else in this screwed up year.

UB, Pat beat me to mentioning the empty space in that pointy thing holder you got.:lol::rolleyes::blush:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Utility Knife, Camillus model 1760.  MIL-K 818. The same type knife was made in WW2 by the Kingston Co for the marine Corps. I believe this one is dated 67. We commonly called them Demo Knives in the Army because they were issued with demolition kits. Used to cut fuses, det cord and poke a blasting cap hole in a block of C4. A great all purpose pocket knife.

Thank you for that information. I do recall it was made by Camillus. The one I was issued in the Navy was made in 1976. That was the one I gave away. I am not sure what year the one I have now was made in. I will have to check in that. 

2 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

I got a new set of head phones. Wife went over kill on them, but I'll use them anyway. Otherwise, nothing else in this screwed up year.

UB, Pat beat me to mentioning the empty space in that pointy thing holder you got.:lol::rolleyes::blush:

He wasn't mentioning an empty space. But there are two on the bottom row. And two more that just contain screws and clips.

And btw, these are just the folders, not the fixed blades. ;)

21 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I love your telescope but I'm really jealous of your hutch.  Where did you get that? 

Archived