SASS Wire Forum

Drop 2 mod for PW-87 Lever Action shotgun

Brian Wilson

I do have a question to the fine people of this forum. If one has a drop 2 done on a PW-87 Clone lever action 12 Gauge shotgun, does this modification stop the racking of a new shell to the barrel? Furthermore,  I want be able to rack the shotgun shells from the shotgun tube. All in all, have a good day and Merry Christmas.

Coyote Cap's "Top Gun" mod allowed the user to stoke the magazine. The downside is the carrier can still be pushed down too far and the top round ends up slightly below the barrel and won't chamber without a bit of jostling. 

I have two 87's one can be used by loading the mag tube and the other cannot.The first one, a Chiappa, can be stoked. All it takes is to replace the original carrier a rather simple quick operation. When Lassiter did the mods he kept the old carrier for me and modified a new one.

kR

We have a Lassiter prepped Chiappa. It's not the easiest thing but you can stoke the magazine. It took a little experimentation and practice.

17 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

We have a Lassiter prepped Chiappa. It's not the easiest thing but you can stoke the magazine. It took a little experimentation and practice.

Yep
 You can stoke a Lassiter modified 87. It just isn’t the easiest thing to do. 

18 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

I have two 87's one can be used by loading the mag tube and the other cannot.The first one, a Chiappa, can be stoked. All it takes is to replace the original carrier a rather simple quick operation. When Lassiter did the mods he kept the old carrier for me and modified a new one.

kR

He didn’t have any extras when he did mine . But Taylor’s had one in stock so I just ordered one from there if I want to use the tube again. Never have tried to load the tube on it 

Archived