SASS Wire Forum

Air Fryer For PC Bullets???

Cholla

17 minutes ago, Judge Gardner said:

You should ask Scarlett Darlin  about using powder coated bullets there are not good for your guns. Her Number is 843-833-0770

I believe she was referencing just one particular powder coating powder which contains a possible abrasive substance.
This particular powder has been debated over at Cast Boolets.

8 hours ago, Judge Gardner said:

You should ask Scarlett Darlin  about using powder coated bullets there are not good for your guns. Her Number is 843-833-0770

I believe the powder in question was offered by Harbor Freight. They no longer sell it. Scarlett sells PC bullets herself:

"Scarlett's offers lead and Hi-Tek coated bullets for cowboy action shooting and other shooting disciplines!  She also offers Hi-Tek polymer coated lead bullets, in RED, of course! "

10 hours ago, Runamuck, SASS #49216L said:

What would the capacity be on the air fryer you have access to?

I don't know yet. I am still waiting on my powder. I would think I could do 100-150. When I get a chance I will check Goodwill for a convection oven.

The air fryer works well except it's limited in size. See my first post for photos.

On 12/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, Cholla said:

I am gearing up to powder coat my bullets. The cast boolits forum say a small convection oven works best because the fan prevents  temperature variations. I have access to a cheap air-fryer and it seems to me that that should work the same. Have any of you used one for this?

UPDATE: The air-fryer works great except it's too small. My first attempt went well and survived the smash test. I used Eastwood powder, no airsoft BBs, in a cottage cheese container. 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

Looks good, I like the color.

Randy

Archived