SASS Wire Forum

Car Bomb in Nashville

Blackwater 53393

There are cell phone and banking issues all over TN and AL this morning.  Can't wait to get to the store and see if our credit/debit card reader works, or if our internet is up.  I have AT&T internet at home...fiber optic, and the only service available where I live.  It's up and running fine, but  my AT&T First Net phone is down for phone calls, but will connect to the internet over my wifi.  

If the goal of these terrorists was to exploit AT&T's lack of redundancy in service, they did a great job of it.  Really hard to believe that emergency services communication connection was solely dependent on one operational hub in one location.  It's like we haven't made any headway since 9/11/01 on operational communications for first responders.  

22 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

There are cell phone and banking issues all over TN and AL this morning.  Can't wait to get to the store and see if our credit/debit card reader works, or if our internet is up.  I have AT&T internet at home...fiber optic, and the only service available where I live.  It's up and running fine, but  my AT&T First Net phone is down for phone calls, but will connect to the internet over my wifi.  

If the goal of these terrorists was to exploit AT&T's lack of redundancy in service, they did a great job of it.  Really hard to believe that emergency services communication connection was solely dependent on one operational hub in one location.  It's like we haven't made any headway since 9/11/01 on operational communications for first responders.  

Sorry to hear that, I have AT&T phone service only here in Ohio. I'm on my son's plan, I don't have WIFI but we have unlimited data. So far so good!

6 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Another example of what happens when your business relies on security through obscurity. :(

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Good job CBS reporter! NOT! More important to get a scoop I guess. So what if it alerts the bad guy?

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Good job CBS reporter! NOT! More important to get a scoop I guess. So what if it alerts the bad guy?

He was already in custody (as a "person of interest") by the time the report came out, and LE was already searching his home when the report came out.

The issue I see here is who the hell notified this reporter when this was still information under development at a press conference after the report?

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

If they wanted to get to the bottom of this bombing, why did they call in the FBI?

Because contrary to popular belief they are actually the most experienced and competent in the field.

I would expect the ATF would have the most experience in handling explosive devices.  I may be jaded but I've dealt with the FBI on numerous cases and I have never been impressed.  They either drop the ball or drag their feet and never seem to get anything done.

Services are returning slowly.  Home computer and land line are back up.  Some of our cell phones are beginning to work.

Person of interest in the bombing has been identified.

Hatfield tells me that some of he silliest conspiracy rumors are hatching like turtles!!  

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Services are returning slowly.  Home computer and land line are back up.  Some of our cell phones are beginning to work.

Person of interest in the bombing has been identified.

Hatfield tells me that some of he silliest conspiracy rumors are hatching like turtles!!  

That's just what they want you to think!

Finally got all services back for now.

One of the silliest rumors is that someone fired a cruise style missile  at the ATT building!!

Sounds like too much Christmas cheer for some people!!

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:00 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Your point is well-taken.  That is probably the reason they list whomever as a "person of interest",  rather than a suspect.  In this instance, however, it may be that the only way the "P.O.I" (as opposed to P.o.S.) may only hear of it if the Devil has a connection to AT&T! Right now the authorities are checking DNA of tissue samples found in the blast debris!  :o:ph34r:  :unsure:Motive has not apparently been determined, or at least announced.  Warning announcement played from the SUV prior to the blast is weird, although the practice has not been unknown in several infamous attacks. 

9 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

The POI hasn't been seen or heard from since before the blast:blink::blush:

Confirmed dead in the blast.  Confirmed by DNA test.

On edit: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2020/12/27/anthony-quinn-warner-confirmed-person-interest-nashville-explosion/4052711001/

Did any of you get a text or email or read about the Dominion voting machines in the ATT building? Seems like someone wanted to destroy them.:ph34r:

BTW I can't confirm this story, just asking. 

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2020/12/27/420563/Background-Info-On-The-Nashville-Explosion.aspx

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Did any of you get a text or email or read about the Dominion voting machines in the ATT building? Seems like someone wanted to destroy them.:ph34r:

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2020/12/27/420563/Background-Info-On-The-Nashville-Explosion.aspx

Doubtful!!  Those machines belong to the state of Tennessee.  This is like the one about the actual blast being created by a missile strike!

6 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Doubtful!!  Those machines belong to the state of Tennessee.  This is like the one about the actual blast being created by a missile strike!

I doubt it myself, another conspiracy theory i imagine. ;)

22 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Looks like the article has been taken down. :D

SO!!  The police are saying that this was a solo act and that the culprit, Anthony Quinn Warner, died in the blast.

No motive has been established as of yet, but he was an IT guy and may have had dealings with AT&T.

Not certain a terrorist attack. Sounds more like a nut wanting to commit suicide and harm no one else but himself. Just wanted to go out with a big bang.

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Plus he liked Petula Clark.:blink::blush:

Well her most notable song was, "Downtown". 

Maybe why he did himself in at that location.

Probably got the idea from “Flight of the Intruder”.

If the theory is correct, the guy was a simple nutcase!!  

I’m not a conspiracy freak, but I’m not totally convinced of the story.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I would expect the ATF would have the most experience in handling explosive devices.  I may be jaded but I've dealt with the FBI on numerous cases and I have never been impressed.  They either drop the ball or drag their feet and never seem to get anything done.

ATF currently has its hands full trying to find the names of everyone who bought a pistol brace.

6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

ATF currently has its hands full trying to find the names of everyone who bought a pistol brace.

Or getting their butts kicked and tazered by local cops!!!  <_<   :rolleyes:  :lol:

Archived