SASS Wire Forum

Looking for New Shotgun targets for Bordertown.

Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L

We are planning on replacing the aged shotguns targets shot at Bordertown and would like suggestions on a source for  new knockdown targets.

Thank you,

Johnny Meadows

MGM target in Idaho.  I have a bunch of their stuff. Expensive buy super high quality.

Action Target in UT.  The same quality and cost as MGM.  Have a bunch of their stuff also. Pick the one you like the available shapes best.

If you can get some good plans see if the kids taking welding in high school or college will make them. Only cost to the club is materials. 

Plus is they get an introduction to Cowboy action Shooting. 

Pig Iron Lane (Gary Reece) in Cummings, GA.  None better made and fairly priced.  Ask anyone who has them. My club bought 30 of them years ago and they are still going strong.

11 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Pig Iron Lane (Gary Reece) in Cummings, GA.  None better made and fairly priced.  Ask anyone who has them. My club bought 30 of them years ago and they are still going strong.

Any contact info for Pig Iron Lane?

Googled it and found some Youtube video's, but no contact info.

Thanks,

J.M.

Johnny,

There is a guy up here in Chino Valley that replicated the shotgun targets that DS Welding was making. We bought some a few years ago from him. I'll look up John's phone number, and email it to you. He builds first quality stuff. His business name is Arizona Bullet Casters, he also builds custom long range rifles.

TB

17 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

+1 for Pig Iron Lane

Randy

Hi Johnny. I had the pleasure of crossing trails with you at several matches the past two years.  Will not be traveling this winter due to Covid.

Check out CMP Steel Targets, www.custommetalprod.com.  Go to Cowboy Targets, Shotgun Popper, Product Code C09A.  I bought four of these for our club in 2019.  They are $ 242 each, but a small discount was provided for buying four of them.  They are auto reset, but I removed the springs so the target stays down.  Targets are 16” high and 8” wide.  Top of target sits 36” high, but base legs could be cut to set height to your preference.  I combine these poppers with our older shotgun targets that sit lower to add some variety to the shotgun string.  I have also used these poppers as pistol and rifle knockdowns.  The base legs assemble without tools which facilitates transporting.  Best of luck with your search.

11 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Johnny—did you get Pig Iron’s contact info?

Yup, I got his contact info.

Thanks,

J.M.

Archived